Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 42 Corbin 10

Featured Replies

Good win for the Rebels. Defense looked much improved except for one big 40 yard pass play for a td. It was obvious Corbin studied their film as they passed the ball all night long. Good game plan. I was impressed with the thought and the guts for a predominately running team to try to pass as much as they did.

 

Injury wise it was a tough night for Boyle. Wide receiver/punt and kickoff returner Jarrod Harrington snapped two bones in his arm and from what I gather he is supposed to be having surgery tonight in Lexington. I'll have more info on that within the next 24 hours so I'll keep you posted. It looked pretty gruesome when it happened and the Wazoo broadcasting team was reporting a hyper extended elbow and that was incorrect. Ugly injury and we are all praying for a quick recovery so he can possibly return this season. He will be missed. He is our best receiver and our most reliable return man as well as a dependable corner.

 

Lamar Dawson had a spectacular game. He had 2 interceptions, both of them very nice highlight worthy interceptions and returned one of them for 45 yards without being touched. Simply outran everyone. Halfway through the 3rd quarter we thought his turf toe flared up(which he said has him playing at 80% in the Advocate Messenger in the pre game article) and he came out of the game and never returned and was on the sideline with his knee wrapped in ice. I have no idea how serious the knee is and as soon as I know more I'll pass that on. I think he could have returned if needed but we were up 28-3 at the time and we are off next week so start getting some rest is what I was thinking anyways. Hopefully that's all it is. He looked better tonight than he had all season.

 

Ryan Wilson had shoulder issues and when he came out of the game for the second time he was done for the night with ice wrapped around his shoulder. We saw his Dad on the way out and he said Ryan will be fine.

 

All in all, good performance by the Rebels and quite a few back ups got some experience tonight which can never be a bad thing. Prayers go out to Jarrod and his family and we are all grateful for a much needed week off to heal up.

 

Paul Megilligan played an excellent game tonight-2 sacks.

 

Lloyd Hall will be counted on to step up in Jarrod's absence and I think he'll do fine.

 

Devin Cox showed his ability to be the #1 running back with an long td run. We have all been waiting a while to see him run the ball the way he did in the 6-8th grade. Tonight was that night. I expect more runs like this in the future.

 

Chris Cook once again amazed me with his evolution as a running back. He is faster, quicker and more agile than I have ever seen him and he still will seek out the opposing tackler to run him over in open field. He received his 2nd MVP trophy of our 3 week "Bowl Season" and he deserved it. He's definitely one of my all time top 5 Rebels. Easy.

 

Now for a week of rest and healing and then time to break in the turf with Mercer County.

  • Author

I also would have loved to have given live updates from the game but the Wifi is password protected at Campbell Field and Corbin doesn't have 3G for AT&T.:eyeonyou::madman:

 

Oh, and a house caught on fire in close proximity to the stadium. The flames were shooting up very high. Caused some anxious commotion in the stands on both sides of the field. I hope no one was hurt but you could tell it was a pretty big fire.

I think injuries are a private matter and shouldn't be discussed openly and publicly. I have been involved in this debate on here before and, as a parent, I don't think it is right to give specifics of a player's injuries.

  • Author
I think injuries are a private matter and shouldn't be discussed openly and publicly. I have been involved in this debate on here before and, as a parent, I don't think it is right to give specifics of a player's injuries.

 

Okay. I respect your stance. However, I think if injuries are publicly known, as these are, then what's the difference? As a parent myself, if the injury is publicly known then I want to make sure all of the facts are out there. This game was on tv with all of this info already readily available to everyone watching the game. Unfortunately, they got info on one of the injuries wrong. It was much worse than what they said. Much worse. Now, if a player is hurt and it hasn't been mentioned in the paper and absolutely no one has any idea about it, then no, I wouldn't mention it. These happened in a game being broadcast throughout the state. There is no hiding that. Should anyone affiliated with any of these folks take issue with my post, I'll apologize and keep it moving but these were game injuries that happened in public on statewide television not practice injuries you don't want opponents to know about. Nowadays you can get injury information straight from the player on facebook anyways.

  • Author

Jarrod Harrington is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning. No word yet on if he will be able to return this season. I'll pass along whatever info I get. My family is praying for the best.

Jarrod Harrington is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning. No word yet on if he will be able to return this season. I'll pass along whatever info I get. My family is praying for the best.

 

I work with Jarrods Aunt. I will let you know if I hear anything. Dang I hate to hear this.Not only is this kid tough,He is a great kid.Thoughts and Prayers to you Jarrod.

  • Author

Surgery for Jarrod tomorrow morning. He did break two bones in his arm. Both were clean breaks. No word on if he will return this season. He is at home for now and it will be outpatient surgery and he will be back home recuperating tomorrow evening. He is holding up for now.

Thanks for the update Purple, I saw the play on tv and knew it wasn't good. Prayers ging out for Jerrod.

  • Author
I think injuries are a private matter and shouldn't be discussed openly and publicly. I have been involved in this debate on here before and, as a parent, I don't think it is right to give specifics of a player's injuries.

 

Guess you need the let the Advocate Messenger know your feelings also.

 

 

http://www.amnews.com/stories/2010/09/05/spo.661122.sto

  • Author
Thanks for the update Purple, I saw the play on tv and knew it wasn't good. Prayers ging out for Jerrod.

 

No problem. Just trying to get the correct info out. I am sure people would like to know how he is and what happened.

Corbin had a terrible offensive game due to the lack of passing experience. Its hard for a running team to drop that style and start throwing the ball 2 out of every 3 downs. Boyle is very tough defensivly as well as offensivly.

  • Author
Corbin had a terrible offensive game due to the lack of passing experience. Its hard for a running team to drop that style and start throwing the ball 2 out of every 3 downs. Boyle is very tough defensivly as well as offensivly.

 

I agree. I think it is common knowledge that if you can pass the ball efficiently against Boyle you have a real shot to win. I was impressed that Corbin's gameplan was to try to pass. Most teams are stubborn and still try to run. I like that Corbin at least tried to let it all hang out. In time I think Ty Cobb has a chance to be a good passing qb.

Okay. I respect your stance. However, I think if injuries are publicly known, as these are, then what's the difference? As a parent myself, if the injury is publicly known then I want to make sure all of the facts are out there. This game was on tv with all of this info already readily available to everyone watching the game. Unfortunately, they got info on one of the injuries wrong. It was much worse than what they said. Much worse. Now, if a player is hurt and it hasn't been mentioned in the paper and absolutely no one has any idea about it, then no, I wouldn't mention it. These happened in a game being broadcast throughout the state. There is no hiding that. Should anyone affiliated with any of these folks take issue with my post, I'll apologize and keep it moving but these were game injuries that happened in public on statewide television not practice injuries you don't want opponents to know about. Nowadays you can get injury information straight from the player on facebook anyways.

 

:thumb:

 

Pay no attention. I personally want to know if the kids are okay after a game. Updates on a injury should not be a that big of a deal.

I like where our offense is right now, IMO it's more balanced and harder to defend than last year. Might not score as quickly as what Rees did, but still putting points up on the board. The defense I feel will come around when needed in due time. Boyle has plenty of time to get over some bumps and bruises before Oct. 8th. That is when the real season starts. The past 3 games have been very useful to Boyle in showing what needs to be improved, when crunch time comes.

Corbin had a terrible offensive game due to the lack of passing experience. Its hard for a running team to drop that style and start throwing the ball 2 out of every 3 downs. Boyle is very tough defensivly as well as offensivly.

 

Corbin had no choice but to pass the ball, Boyle's run defense dominated the line of scrimmage and the backs had nowhere to go. The Hounds offensive line is very young, but will get better as the season goes along, they just were not quite ready for a team the caliber of the Rebels quite yet. Cobb played well at QB for the Hounds after entering in the second half and Josh Jewell also played very well at WR.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.