One of the few Alabama writers I've seen question the power of Saban

FormerCawoodTrojan

Kid went to a party, gets two games. WOW! Keep on reading. I'll tell you what I'll do, I read his next few articles and I'll report back, and I'll be honest. Did the hater mention the fact NC had to hold out several key players.

Why would a writer for a Birmingham based newspaper that writes about Alabama sports write about North Carolina? You don't have to report, one of my web favorites is the Birmingham paper...but if you would like to keep reading his stuff I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you as I read them all just like you do. Oh wait, you said you didn't read his stuff anymore. Well, if you start back, i'll be happy to discuss it. You are making way more out of this than anyone on this entire forum by the way. I just thought it was an interesting read. You seem to be backing that notion up.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he wrote, "Bama had errors, dropped pass, fumble inside the 10, no shut out. Its a wonder Saban didn't march out the team from the locker room and back on the field for an impromte come-to - me- Jesus practice." This was a stupid statement.

He also said we looked very good.

Next article, Saban showed an errie calm after the game "I thought since the game was so easy he might feel the need to rant a little"

There were 281 comments on this article about "problems". Most wanted to know why he was rehashing? And that was my thought also.

I promised to let you people read some more of kevins articles or heck do as the poster did and research them yourself. One mans bashing that will never cease.

he wrote, "Bama had errors, dropped pass, fumble inside the 10, no shut out. Its a wonder Saban didn't march out the team from the locker room and back on the field for an impromte come-to - me- Jesus practice." This was a stupid statement.

He also said we looked very good.

Next article, Saban showed an errie calm after the game "I thought since the game was so easy he might feel the need to rant a little"

There were 281 comments on this article about "problems". Most wanted to know why he was rehashing? And that was my thought also.

I promised to let you people read some more of kevins articles or heck do as the poster did and research them yourself. One mans bashing that will never cease.

You guys are searching hard to find faults with him...the "stupid statement" as you put it says more about Saban's desire to be perfect than anything if you ask me. It's like you want him to write bad things. I'm sure you have been to many games and several practices, probably talking to current and former players - Saban is long known to be a perfectionist and very hard on his players. None of which are bad things - UK fans LOVED Rick Pitino for the same things. I didn't research them...I always check the Bham paper after the Lex Herald and Harlan Daily Enterprise.

Alabama won a SEC Championship, and a NCAA Championship because they have a great coach, and great players, but wouldn't you rather the NCAA not be watching the program very closely?

I must admit I am enjoying the current ride, but I am a bit worried that the same thing will be said in the very near future about UK basketball.