South Laurel at Henry Clay

Jim Schue

How does SL deal with Simpson?

More like how does SL deal with Johnson. Simpson is just good because Rod Johnson is unreal. If youve ever been to a HC game youd know that Johnson does it all when he runs because HCs O-line is horrible. and talk about HC nose guard being underrated, just watch him one game and youll see he drives the center back every play.

As good as Rod Johnson is, his O-Line must be a lot better than "horrible" for him to rush for over 1500 and the QB to rush for over 500. You don't average the yards and points that the Devils do without a great offensive line.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If HC comes to play they will beat South Laurel very badly. Lafayette played a great game vs. HC and played very medicore versus SL. When 2 city teams face off its a whole different ballgame.... I believe Lafayette underestimated SL and as a result got beat, HC will not make the same mistake.

If SL's O-Line can keep their young QB protected, I think they might be able to hang around with HC, and possibly pull off the upset. If they can't, it might be a long night for them.

On another note, I watched SL beat Lafayette last Friday night, and was impressed with the play of SL's young RB, Cody Quinn. He appeared to hit the hole hard, and looked fairly quick. Look for him to be a force for SL in the future. I wonder where he was earlier in the season, I don't remember him playing much offense early on.

Good Luck to the Cards. Pull off the upset!

If the game was at south laurel, they would have a shot, but Henry Clay will not lose this game at home , no way. HC, 48 to 21, South Laurel team would have done better playing Scott Co, but who knows, Like I said before SL, coaches always come to play, and they always have their team pumped up, so if the pump is real and that freshman QB, comes to play. South Laurel, could be winning this one by 6