Bowling Green 66 Daviess County 0

The Scribe

They were slacking tonight. Came close to letting the Bowling Green Defense outscore them. :lol:

You jest, but it is the defense that makes Bowling Green tick, and has for almost every season I can remember outside of '05-'07. The defense always sets the offense up with solid field position, giving them shorter fields. It's the teams that find a way to make Bowling Green go 65+ that are able to do something with them.

This tied for the 11th most points Bowling Green has ever scored, and was their 7th largest victory in school history.

That's what I like...instant offense!:ylsuper:The Purples had three defensive TDs and one safety. I'm not sure yet, but the three defensive TDs could have tied the school record for one game.

With 8:55 left in the first qtr, JR LB K.J. Cofer drew first blood with a fumble recovery in the end zone. SR Will Porter passed to SR RB Tevin Anderson for the 2pt conversion, and the Purples led 8-0. At the 4:08 mark, JR RB Brandon Green hauled in a pass from JR QB Scooter Hollis for a 48 yd score. The pass attempt failed, and BGHS was on top 14-0. The defense scored a team safety with just 1:32 left in the quarter for a 16-0 lead. Then, with just 43 tics left, Green snagged another TD pass from Hollis, this time from 38 yards. SR K Peter May booted the PAT, and BGHS led after one 23-0.

The Purples put up three scores in the second qtr. Anderson scored on a 16 yd run and May booted the PAT at the 7:51 mark. JR RB Hunter Neveras scored on a 29 yard run with 5:11 mark. Porter threw to Neveras for the 2pt conversion to make the score 38-0. Then Anderson finished the first half scoring parade by snagging a 25 yd scoring strike from Hollis. May was successful again on the PAT, and BGHS was up 45-0 at the half.

After a scoreless third qtr, FR Nacarius Fant scored on a three yd run just five seconds into the final stanza. JR DB Herbert Scruggs intercepted a pass and returned it for a score with 6:09 left. JR OLB Nick Durkalski punctuated the scoring parade by returning a fumble eight yards to paydirt with 4:24 left. JR K Sam Williams punctuated each score with a PAT, and the Purples win 66-0!:thumb:

Next week, the Purples host old and heated rival Franklin-Simpson for Homecoming for their home opener!

:D

^ I expect Franklin will score on them.

I suspect that 'Fire is right...Big Blue has too much firepower to be held out of the end zone all night. Besides, this is one of the most heated rivalries in the Commonwealth, and the home team is as likely to lose as the visitor!:scared: