Islamophobia - Media Driven?

With the explosion of anti-mosque stories popping up everywhere recently, it just got me thinking- is this a condition that has existed in America since 9/11 and just lay dormant for 9 years? Or is this an entirely media driven issue?

You seem to be somewhat on the left of the spectrum. I find it odd that Islam is the only religion that those on the left go out of thier way to defend. Islam is the epitomie of intollerance.

I defend freedom of religion even though it doesn't match or agree with mine. The 1st amendment didn't specify which religions were protected did it?

You seem to be somewhat on the left of the spectrum. I find it odd that Islam is the only religion that those on the left go out of thier way to defend. Islam is the epitomie of intollerance.

Islam is the only religion folks seem to go out of their way to attack. I didn't see anyone complaining when the Buddhist temple was build on US60 between Lex and Winchester. Nor do I see people protesting at the mosque on Limestone across from UK's campus. Of course, that one's been there for 10+ years. Why is it a big deal all of a sudden when Muslims want to build mosques?

Are the 53% of Muslim-Americans that are against the mosque being placed near the twin towers "Islamophobes"??

I'm not talking about the mosque near Ground Zero. That's a legitimate debate in my opinion. But if you look at the news it seems like every state is having a mosque debate. I'd dare say that far, far fewer Muslims are against mosques in those places.