Raceland/Ashland Predictions

Ram

Who wins?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

So very true Doc...this site really isnt the same without him.

Where the heck have you been? I heard from one of your crew that you hung your paint bushes up, I told him the field would never look the same. He said he refused to paint the "A" since you had retired.

Good to see you still painting, and back posting, I thought you went cold turnkey or something.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen Raceland this year, only Ashland, in the scrimmage at Mason County. They gave up a couple of big pass plays and nothing else; and had their way on offense with a nice mix of pass and run.

Just a shot in the dark; I'll say Ashland 28, Raceland 13. Raceland hangs tough early but the Tomcats wear 'em down in the second half.

Good luck to both teams!

Ashland is as good if not better than they was last year just alot more speed and the game was not close last year.I think Racelands wideouts was alot better last year. Seems to me they are throwing alot of screen passes and bubble screens and dont really have a deep threat. So if can jam them and hold them up you have a good shot of stopping the passing game this year. I also dont think the o-line is as strong for Raceland.

Raceland-14

Ashland -44

Where the heck have you been? I heard from one of your crew that you hung your paint bushes up, I told him the field would never look the same. He said he refused to paint the "A" since you had retired.

Good to see you still painting, and back posting, I thought you went cold turnkey or something.

It's kinda like a moth to a flame....I tried to resist, but somehow was drawn back into it.:lol:

Several guys are stepping up to keep things rolling though and for that, I am very appreciative.

Stopped by the field this game day morning and there is already a buzz around the place. This game has truly evolved into a darn good rivalry and its going to be a perfect night for football....cant wait for kickoff!

Funny pic. You know, for some reason, I take everything you say much more seriously now that "the most interesting man in the world" is your avatar. You have such gravitas.

Gravitas (from Latin) is a quality of substance or depth of personality.

Gravitas (specifically dignity, seriousness, and duty) is one of the several virtues that ancient Roman society expected men to possess, along with pietas, dignitas, and iustitia.

Stay thirsty, my friend!

This thread is like any other when a team is down so are it's posters. Russell case in point. There are three of us I believe. Look at Elliott Co basketball. You would think Sandy Hook had a mass suicide.

So true. Most fans only show up for success. Remember the 2005 Belfry playoff game at Russell? The stands were completely full on both sides with people standing around the entire field. Heck, Russell even brought more fans to Belfry for the 2006 playoff game than were there last year for the HOME playoff game against Sheldon Clark. The crowd for the opener this year against East Carter was predictably small. I was surprised they didn't have JFL night or something to get people to show up. I think the meager crowd (along with the game being 35-6 in the 2nd quarter) contributed to the scrimmage-like feel of the game. Like you said, though, it's not limited to Russell. Raceland posters were much more active during the 2008 season when they had a legitimate chance to win the state. Even though Ashland is a great team, I think there would a lot more people talking about their program if they weren't predestined to run into the brick wall of Highlands every year. If Ashland were ever to beat Highlands in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs, I bet half the city of Ashland would be at Putnam Stadium for the next playoff game. People just aren't as interested in the show when they know how it's going to end. Oh well, it is what it is.

Gravitas (from Latin) is a quality of substance or depth of personality.

Gravitas (specifically dignity, seriousness, and duty) is one of the several virtues that ancient Roman society expected men to possess, along with pietas, dignitas, and iustitia.

Stay thirsty, my friend!

How funny and ironic that Ryan brings out the Latin and that Graybeard defines it! I was looking at the "other" posting site the other day and noticed a poster with a Latin screen name, Esse Quam Videre. It caught my eye for a few reasons, 1. it is spelled incorrectly 2. ironic that his screen name is a Latin phrase and 3. it is the motto of my Chiropractic college.

Esse Quam Videri means, "To be rather than to seem to be". Kind of ironic for a screen name don't you think? :cool: