Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 7)

Featured Replies

Since I don't believe in superstitions, I thought I'd be perfect to start the thread...:D

 

And Spindoc, come Wednesday I hope I'm seeing a new avatar when I log in. :thumb:

  • Replies 85
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, second best though.

 

So which would be the MVP this year?

  • Author

Couple observations from today's game:

 

1) Votto is about the most clutch hitter I've seen in a long long time. Just a boss.

 

2) Arroyo is getting darn close to automatic. 6-7 IP, 2-3 R max every outing. He's been en fuego!

 

3) I've never seen a hitter look as completely hopeless at the dish as Gomes has for the best month or so...He's been downright embarrassing.

 

4) Those of you clamoring for Heisey to be seeing more playing time, got a first-hand example of why he hasn't. Rough day for the talented youngster.

 

5) Boy am I glad Kershaw "owned" the Reds today.

 

6) I'm really going to miss the comments from the other planet that Patrick Starr lives in this week. :D

 

7) I really really hope I get to sport a new avatar after Wednesday, and at this point, I see no reason to think I won't be.

  • Author
So which would be the MVP this year?

 

If the Reds win the division, Votto.

 

If the Cardinals win it, Pujols.

The Cards cannot have counted on the Redlegs starting out 5 for 6.

The Reds as of today have a record of 36-26 at home and 36-26 on the road. Only Tampa Bay 37-24 and San Diego 38-27 on the road, are better.

The Reds as of today have a record of 36-26 at home and 36-26 on the road. Only Tampa Bay 37-24 and San Diego 38-27 on the road, are better.

 

 

That's about as consistent as you can get.

So which would be the MVP this year?

How do you go wrong with either? I think this next month will see either one of them as the MVP. Team success will determine the award IMO. Here's hoping our guy gets it!

Fantastic game today. This team just keeps fighting and fighting to win series after series...

Need Voltron to be lights out tomorrow.

Pujols

• Ranks 4th in NL in BA (.316)

• Ranks 1st in NL in HR (32)

• Ranks 1st in NL in RBI (89)

• Ranks 3rd in NL in R (84)

• Ranks 2nd in NL in BB (75)

• Ranks 2nd in NL in OBP (.411)

• Ranks 2nd in NL in SLG (.592)

• Ranks 2nd in NL in OPS (1.002)

 

Votto

• Ranks 1st in NL in BA (.323)

• Ranks 3rd in NL in HR (29)

• Ranks 2nd in NL in RBI (86)

• Ranks 2nd in NL in R (86)

• Ranks 3rd in NL in BB (70)

• Ranks 1st in NL in OBP (.422)

• Ranks 1st in NL in SLG (.592)

• Ranks 1st in NL in OPS (1.014)

Both those dudes rake.

  • Author

If anyone not named Joey Votto or Albert Pujols wins it, the voters should be put down....

Pujols

• Ranks 4th in NL in BA (.316)

• Ranks 1st in NL in HR (32)

• Ranks 1st in NL in RBI (89)

• Ranks 3rd in NL in R (84)

• Ranks 2nd in NL in BB (75)

• Ranks 2nd in NL in OBP (.411)

• Ranks 2nd in NL in SLG (.592)

• Ranks 2nd in NL in OPS (1.002)

 

Votto

• Ranks 1st in NL in BA (.323)

• Ranks 3rd in NL in HR (29)

• Ranks 2nd in NL in RBI (86)

• Ranks 2nd in NL in R (86)

• Ranks 3rd in NL in BB (70)

• Ranks 1st in NL in OBP (.422)

• Ranks 1st in NL in SLG (.592)

• Ranks 1st in NL in OPS (1.014)

 

So if was voted on today Votto would have to win. The tiebreaker is the Reds being in first place.

So if was voted on today Votto would have to win. The tiebreaker is the Reds being in first place.

I would agree that is the deciding factor, they are both very very close.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.