Paintsville 71 Evarts 40

The score in no way shows how good of a game that Evarts played. They got inside the 30 twice in the first 1/2 and didn't score. Fumbled once and a false start on a short yardage situation. Could have made a difference. Evarts leading rusher, Dustin Mefford @1500 yds on the year went out in the second quarter with a possible torn ACL. Played maybe about 3 plays in the second half and went to the hospital. It hurt more on D and special teams than on offense. Evarts ran the ball easily. The QB just had the night of his life. The game was 47-40 at the start of the fourth. Evarts had the ball and just could not finish the drive off, penalties. On another note, I thought that the last TD was extremely unneccessary. It was 64-40 with less than a minute to go? What was that? They did the same thing to Hazard. Maybe Mitchell and Lynn Camp can get some pay back for the district next week.

I agree that the last score was uncalled for. For what it is worth, you have my appology!

Mefford played more than 3 plays in the second half, and took some shots that hut him...He is a great player though. The same thing didn't happen against Hazard.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice that Paintsville kicker, and Aussie transfer student Stuart Lips, who is a southpaw, kicked off once last night in the fourth period with his right foot????

I about freaked when it siled all the way to the 10 yard line!!!

I agree that the last score was uncalled for. For what it is worth, you have my appology!

Mefford played more than 3 plays in the second half, and took some shots that hut him...He is a great player though. The same thing didn't happen against Hazard.

I know for a fact that Mefford didn't play D at all in 2nd half. That is where it hurt them the most, and I know that is about all the carries he had. He likely has a torn ACL so I don't really know why he was in anyway. But the same thing did happen against Hazard-Paintsville had the ball with a little over a minute left with huge lead and punched another TD in (completely uncalled for.) I can see them doing it more against Evarts than Hazard because they have to play them every year. I'd be afraid that it would come back to bite me. Maybe, we just disagree on what a big lead is, but to me it was basically the same thing. It may not have been to anyone else in the world who saw it, but I never like to see the unneccesary score to embarrass high school kids. They are only kids.

Milam has pretty much already said he was player of the week for this week, he stated on SOT that it sounds like WYMT POW stats to him. Here were Pugh's final stats for tonight 13 carries 264 yards 4 TD's through the air he was 14 of 17 for 292 yards 4 TD's 1 INT and had another punt return for a TD. Pugh surpassed the thousand yard mark passing tonight, congrats Daniel. He seemed to carry the Tigers on his shoulders tonight offensively. Kudos to Evarts' backfield they ran extremely hard everyone of them but I'm sure Chaffins and Reynolds run twice as hard as that. Paintsville better fix their defense before next week or it will spell trouble. They're going to have to put a helmet on someone and quit arm tackling. They were missing 3 normal starters on defense tonight Doderer, Collett, and Cantrell. Hopefully being able to rest Cantrell and Collett this week will allow them to lick their wounds and be back for this big game. C'mon now Tigers, it's now or never. The old cliche' play hard or go home, has meaning now. GO BIG BLUE!!!!

Congrats Daniel on a heck of a night. :creepy: I heard about Hans burting his collar bone last week. But what happened to Collett and Cantrell? :confused:

Congrats Daniel on a heck of a night. :creepy: I heard about Hans burting his collar bone last week. But what happened to Collett and Cantrell? :confused:

Collett has a bone bruise on his foot, and if any of you all have had one of those oh man they hurt like the dickens. Cantrell came in the Pikeville game in place of Doderer and bruised his ribs just a couple of plays after coming in offensively. Andrew Brown left last night's game with light headedness and was struggling to breath. Brown has asthma and I seen him on the sidelines with his inhaler but when he left to go to the hospital they believed he had a concussion. I've been told after talking to a couple of Paintsville fans, that the car accident involved Subby. My understanding is he is okay.

But the same thing did happen against Hazard-Paintsville had the ball with a little over a minute left with huge lead and punched another TD in (completely uncalled for.) I can see them doing it more against Evarts than Hazard because they have to play them every year. I'd be afraid that it would come back to bite me. Maybe, we just disagree on what a big lead is, but to me it was basically the same thing. It may not have been to anyone else in the world who saw it, but I never like to see the unneccesary score to embarrass high school kids. They are only kids.

Paintsville recovered a fumble on the Evarts 20 with about a minute to go, if they were running up the score they could have easily scored again there.

Evarts was far better than I expected them to be. Congratulations on a good season and good luck next year.

So, let's get this right. It was 64-40 with under 1 min., probably the national player of the week was still in the game and instead of running the FB or someone else (a sub) the triple option was run and then a bootleg? That isn't running it up? Luckily they did not punch it in after the QB and backup C had a fumbled exchange for Evarts! I guess they subbed trying to wave the white flag.

So, let's get this right. It was 64-40 with under 1 min., probably the national player of the week was still in the game and instead of running the FB or someone else (a sub) the triple option was run and then a bootleg? That isn't running it up? Luckily they did not punch it in after the QB and backup C had a fumbled exchange for Evarts! I guess they subbed trying to wave the white flag.

It is the Playoffs IMO you should beat a team as bad as you can beat them! I can see why you are mad. Not many people would be happy getting beat 71-40! Congrats to Evarts on a good football season! :thumb:

Collett has a bone bruise on his foot, and if any of you all have had one of those oh man they hurt like the dickens. Cantrell came in the Pikeville game in place of Doderer and bruised his ribs just a couple of plays after coming in offensively. Andrew Brown left last night's game with light headedness and was struggling to breath. Brown has asthma and I seen him on the sidelines with his inhaler but when he left to go to the hospital they believed he had a concussion. I've been told after talking to a couple of Paintsville fans, that the car accident involved Subby. My understanding is he is okay.

Wow sounds bad for Paintsville, I hope their players get well for next week. But if this keeps up they may run outta players.

It is the Playoffs IMO you should beat a team as bad as you can beat them! I can see why you are mad. Not many people would be happy getting beat 71-40! Congrats to Evarts on a good football season! :thumb:

There is nothing ever to be gained by beating someone as bad as you can. The fact is you should never lay down but you should respect your opponents effort. There are no style points here--either you win or you lose but this isn't about Litratings or anything like that--if you think your team is really at risk then do what you have to. If not the other kids have worked every bit as hard as your team is and whether you win by 1 or 70 it doesn't matter. However no one is impressed by scoring on a defeated opponent when the game is already decided. Good luck against Lynn Camp because if Evarts scored 40 on your defense you're looking at giving up 60 this week!

There is nothing ever to be gained by beating someone as bad as you can. The fact is you should never lay down but you should respect your opponents effort. There are no style points here--either you win or you lose but this isn't about Litratings or anything like that--if you think your team is really at risk then do what you have to. If not the other kids have worked every bit as hard as your team is and whether you win by 1 or 70 it doesn't matter. However no one is impressed by scoring on a defeated opponent when the game is already decided. Good luck against Lynn Camp because if Evarts scored 40 on your defense you're looking at giving up 60 this week!

Any one at the game Friday night knew that Paintsville's best and only defense was its offense. Evarts ran it down our throat and made us like it. I think they just ran out of gas in the end. Paintsville did take a knee after the Evarts turnover. We could have let Pugh tie the record for most TD'd in a game but instead just took a knee. Ask Betsy Lanye and other teams we have played if the Tigers like to run up scores and you will get a big NO. Thank you for wishing us luck against Lynn Camp.

Any one at the game Friday night knew that Paintsville's best and only defense was its offense. Evarts ran it down our throat and made us like it. I think they just ran out of gas in the end. Paintsville did take a knee after the Evarts turnover. We could have let Pugh tie the record for most TD'd in a game but instead just took a knee. Ask Betsy Lanye and other teams we have played if the Tigers like to run up scores and you will get a big NO. Thank you for wishing us luck against Lynn Camp.

If there ever was a game that scoring 71 points was NOT "running it up", THIS was the game. What RNC said is true. Paintsville never stopped Evarts offense all night. Not only that...Evarts was scoring QUICKLY...

With all the talk of Pugh's game, I thought I'd mention something even MORE amazing. Unless I heard wrong (from the radio) the Evarts FB (# thirty-something) got around 500 of the 560 yds. rushing Evarts put on Paintsville !!! (If true, that's GOT to be some kind of record!!)

Evarts made quite an impression on me last Friday. I'll remember how well that team ran the ball a LONG time. It was a GREAT last game before their consolidation.

Though all teams must lose their final game (except one), Evarts did so showing the heart of a lion... truly the stuff of a WINNER !!

Evarts made quite an impression on me last Friday. I'll remember how well that team ran the ball a LONG time. It was a GREAT last game before their consolidation.

Thanks for the kind words but it was not Evarts' last game. they have at least one more year.