Paintsville 71 Evarts 40

Is it just me, or does Paintsville always come out a little sluggish in the first half (with the exception of last week against Pikeville) then play great in the second half? They better change that fast, cause if they do that against Lynn Camp, I don't they will have what it takes to make a comeback.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have Pugh's final stats, how many passing yards, rushing yards, total yards, tackles? Sounds like WYMT Player of the Week for sure, Sidelines, Mojo, got any stats.

Milam has pretty much already said he was player of the week for this week, he stated on SOT that it sounds like WYMT POW stats to him. Here were Pugh's final stats for tonight 13 carries 264 yards 4 TD's through the air he was 14 of 17 for 292 yards 4 TD's 1 INT and had another punt return for a TD. Pugh surpassed the thousand yard mark passing tonight, congrats Daniel. He seemed to carry the Tigers on his shoulders tonight offensively. Kudos to Evarts' backfield they ran extremely hard everyone of them but I'm sure Chaffins and Reynolds run twice as hard as that. Paintsville better fix their defense before next week or it will spell trouble. They're going to have to put a helmet on someone and quit arm tackling. They were missing 3 normal starters on defense tonight Doderer, Collett, and Cantrell. Hopefully being able to rest Cantrell and Collett this week will allow them to lick their wounds and be back for this big game. C'mon now Tigers, it's now or never. The old cliche' play hard or go home, has meaning now. GO BIG BLUE!!!!

Milam has pretty much already said he was player of the week for this week, he stated on SOT that it sounds like WYMT POW stats to him. Here were Pugh's final stats for tonight 13 carries 264 yards 4 TD's through the air he was 14 of 17 for 292 yards 4 TD's 1 INT and had another punt return for a TD. Pugh surpassed the thousand yard mark passing tonight, congrats Daniel. He seemed to carry the Tigers on his shoulders tonight offensively. Kudos to Evarts' backfield they ran extremely hard everyone of them but I'm sure Chaffins and Reynolds run twice as hard as that. Paintsville better fix their defense before next week or it will spell trouble. They're going to have to put a helmet on someone and quit arm tackling. They were missing 3 normal starters on defense tonight Doderer, Collett, and Cantrell. Hopefully being able to rest Cantrell and Collett this week will allow them to lick their wounds and be back for this big game. C'mon now Tigers, it's now or never. The old cliche' play hard or go home, has meaning now. GO BIG BLUE!!!!

Sounds like Vince Young Jr. Those are some scary numbers! :scared:

The score in no way shows how good of a game that Evarts played. They got inside the 30 twice in the first 1/2 and didn't score. Fumbled once and a false start on a short yardage situation. Could have made a difference. Evarts leading rusher, Dustin Mefford @1500 yds on the year went out in the second quarter with a possible torn ACL. Played maybe about 3 plays in the second half and went to the hospital. It hurt more on D and special teams than on offense. Evarts ran the ball easily. The QB just had the night of his life. The game was 47-40 at the start of the fourth. Evarts had the ball and just could not finish the drive off, penalties. On another note, I thought that the last TD was extremely unneccessary. It was 64-40 with less than a minute to go? What was that? They did the same thing to Hazard. Maybe Mitchell and Lynn Camp can get some pay back for the district next week.

Congratulations to Evarts on a solid season and much improvement throughout.

As for Paintsville, the stats on Pugh, in a tough playoff game, make him my favorite Region 4 player, surpassing Chafin. Is he a senior? If so, does he have a college to play for?

Congratulations to Evarts on a solid season and much improvement throughout.

As for Paintsville, the stats on Pugh, in a tough playoff game, make him my favorite Region 4 player, surpassing Chafin. Is he a senior? If so, does he have a college to play for?

Pugh is a junior.

AWESOME performance by Pugh! Except for the one interception, he would have had a perfect game. But we won't hold that against him!

Just think what potential he has, only a junior???

However, it will take a total team effort next week to get past Lynn Camp. Hopefully we will have some players back.

Mojo, Who scored the other TD for the Tigers???

I thought Pugh accounted for all 10?

Mojo, Who scored the other TD for the Tigers???

I thought Pugh accounted for all 10?

Maybe you're right but that was the stats reported by Brian Milam as of last night. Paintsville had to score 10 TD's and now that I think about it I think Daniel did score all 10 TD's.

Hats off to the paintsville players who replaced the injured players. They did a great job.

I wouldn't go as far to say that but they did enough to win.

Great win for Paintsville. Great job by Daniel Pugh. He is a great athlete who showed it off. Good luck next week to Paintsville. Hope all the injures get better for next week. What are all the injures for Paintsville.

Too many as of right now, Paintsville had been fortunate up until week 10 to stay healthy. Now it seems the injury bug is running rampid in Paintsville, Andrew Brown left the game last night with what was believed to be a concussion. Jeff Collett has a bum wheel, Hans Doderer is of course out with a broken collarbone, and Shane Cantrell has bruised ribs. I've also heard a player was in an automobile accident after last nights game but still not sure on the details or who it was. Hope whoever it was is okay.