Adam Dunn - Team Leader

Clyde

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Dunn will undoubtedly be in the Reds Hall of Fame one day (yes, before the visitor jokes start ... as a member). He is in the top 20 in virtually every offensive category, in the top 10 and even top 5 on many. He is a great offensive player. He is probably going to hit over 600 HR's in his career. The winner stuff is bull as Clyde pointed out when referencing Ernie Banks. As I said earlier in this thread, Dunn is a very unique player in his skills and statistical profile and close minded fans can't see the value because of the strikeouts. His defense in the outfield is lacking to be sure. He has flaws. But he is one of the most productive offensive players in baseball. He is #3 right now in the NL in OPS behind Votto and Pujols. Jonny Gomes? Really? Really???? You want Gomes over the #3 hitter in OPS in the NL?

Adam Dunn will undoubtedly be in the Reds Hall of Fame one day (yes, before the visitor jokes start ... as a member). He is in the top 20 in virtually every offensive category, in the top 10 and even top 5 on many. He is a great offensive player. He is probably going to hit over 600 HR's in his career. The winner stuff is bull as Clyde pointed out when referencing Ernie Banks. As I said earlier in this thread, Dunn is a very unique player in his skills and statistical profile and close minded fans can't see the value because of the strikeouts. His defense in the outfield is lacking to be sure. He has flaws. But he is one of the most productive offensive players in baseball. He is #3 right now in the NL in OPS behind Votto and Pujols. Jonny Gomes? Really? Really???? You want Gomes over the #3 hitter in OPS in the NL?

Jocketty didn't want him here for some reason. You tell me??