November 7, 200520 yr Whatever. And no matter what you are trying to do you are admitting that other public schools have the same perception of Male and Manual as they do private schools. If perception is all it takes then how long the other public schools come after you. Maybe before Principal Bev got so high and mighty she should have considered that.
November 7, 200520 yr No I am just suggesting that there is a perception that Male and Manual enjoy the same "advantages" as the private schools and wasn't it someone from Manual that suggested this clearing house thing was to combat the perception that public schools have about the privates. I think that perception does not exist because Male and Manual do not enjoy the same advantages as the private schools. They draw from one county (not twelve), they draw from within the state of Kentucky (not from beyond), they have male enrollments of about 800 (not 1400), they have to comply with Title IX (all-male private schools do not), and they have some very restrictive admissions policies in terms of feeder schools or academic requirements (as opposed to taking anyone who wants in and can perform to minimum academic standards).
November 7, 200520 yr Whatever. And no matter what you are trying to do you are admitting that other public schools have the same perception of Male and Manual as they do private schools. Funny... regardless of the satirical Meade Co. thread, I don't recall a prop 21 to remove Male and Manaul... apparently they DON'T consider it the same thing. :thumb:
November 7, 200520 yr I think that perception does not exist because Male and Manual do not enjoy the same advantages as the private schools. They draw from one county (not twelve), they draw from within the state of Kentucky (not from beyond), they have male enrollments of about 800 (not 1400), they have to comply with Title IX (all-male private schools do not), and they have some very restrictive admissions policies in terms of feeder schools or academic requirements (as opposed to taking anyone who wants in and can perform to minimum academic standards). How many times will the other public schools let Male win 4A before they try to boot them?
November 7, 200520 yr How many times will the other public schools let Male win 4A before they try to boot them? Not the issue. They obviously don't have that perception RIGHT NOW.
November 7, 200520 yr Funny... regardless of the satirical Meade Co. thread, I don't recall a prop 21 to remove Male and Manaul... apparently they DON'T consider it the same thing. :thumb: Not yet but after Male wins 4A for the 10th time in a row, as they will if X and T are removed, it wil happen.
November 7, 200520 yr Not the issue. They obviously don't have that perception RIGHT NOW. Obvious to whom???
November 7, 200520 yr Obvious to whom??? Obvious to anyone that read the proposals that didn't mention adding Manual and Male to the private playoffs.
November 7, 200520 yr Not yet anyway. Right now the movers and shakers behind this proposal have a bunch of willing lackeys in the administrators from the Jefferson County public schools. They are votes that they needed. That will change IMHO.
November 7, 200520 yr Not yet anyway. Which is, by the way, the reason the words RIGHT NOW we're part of what I said. In capital letters. There is no wiggle room here.
November 7, 200520 yr Whatever. And no matter what you are trying to do you are admitting that other public scholls have the same perception of Male and Manual as they do private schools.If perception is all it takes then how long the other public schools come after you. Maybe before Principal Bev got so high and mighty she should have considered that. Manual has been fighting for it's programs since they started, but the fact is Manual in it's current form was developed to help JCPS come into complience with Brown Verse the Board of Education by drawing white students out of the suburbs and into city schools, and that opens room to send kids from the innercity to the suburbs to help stop segregation by geography. Two Federal court cases have upheld the JCPS plan and it is not going anywhere soon. Why do you care? How does that help your case at all, being against Manual and Male does nothing to help the privates, infact all it does make you look like you find it easier to point out the problems with us then to help the situation at hand. I don't care what you think of Manual or Male, infact, I am glad other schools are jealous, maybe they will work harder to compete with us, but right now we are standing on the edge of a possible schism of public and private schools and something has to change, like it or not we stand to lose the current playoff system and sweet 16. This finger pointing at Male and Manual doesn't help your case it just looks like you want to give up and drag someone down with you.
November 7, 200520 yr How many times will the other public schools let Male win 4A before they try to boot them? Boot them out based on what? All of the reasons I gave are concrete advantages the 4A privates have over all publics. Lots of schools have open enrollment...
November 7, 200520 yr So I'm supposed to jump up and sing Kumbaya with Manual and the public school supporters that want to eliminate private school kids from championships. Before you blame me for spewing venom at Manual perhaps you had better remember it was your principal who brought this upon your school. I know this won't help the private schools, to be completely honest I don't think anything will as I don't believe that anyone on the public side has any real desire to come up with any agreements on this. But I will continue to point out what I honestly feel is the hypocrisy of the administrations from Male and Manual for supporting this proposal.
November 7, 200520 yr So I'm supposed to jump up and sing Kumbaya with Manual and the public school supporters that want to eliminate private school kids from championships. Before you blame me for spewing venom at Manual perhaps you had better remember it was your principal who brought this upon your school. I know this won't help the private schools, to be completely honest I don't think anything will as I don't believe that anyone on the public side has any real desire to come up with any agreements on this. But I will continue to point out what I honestly feel is the hypocrisy of the administrations from Male and Manual for supporting this proposal. For cripes sake for the 100th time we are passed that point. Either you can cry about it or try to figure out a solution to the problem. If you can only paint all of Manual and public school supporters with the same brush then that is your problem. We are offering a debate to come up with a better solution then prop 20, what have you offered other than an argument? Tell you what if you are still so full of rage go find a punching bag paint a big red M on it and wear it out. But don't blame me for something when I am trying to offer suggestions to help.
November 7, 200520 yr Boot them out based on what? All of the reasons I gave are concrete advantages the 4A privates have over all publics. Lots of schools have open enrollment... Based on perceptions that are out there, and they are out there. After all, as has been brought up time and time again, whether any real advantage exists or not is irrelevant, it's the perception that matters.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.