USSSA Nationals

Hodges is always a factor. If he doesn't block a shot, he alters it. He mixed the post with the wing position this week and was very effective also. He averaged over 8 points and 4 boards a game. He shot the ball well and was great at attacking the rim for put backs.

Glad to hear he played well. I hope to see him be more aggressive offensively for the Cougars this season.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Guys !!!

Very proud of all of you! :thumb:

( Although, from the looks of this photo, I'm glad it was a basketball tournament and not a beauty pageant... :sssh: )

Sitting: 5 Matt Trammel, Dixie Heights HS / 34 Todd Vollet, 6' 5" Ryle HS / 22 Travis Montgomery, Boone County HS / 1 Jacob Flesch, Conner HS

Standing: 23 Robbie Barber, Scott County HS / 31 Bobby Stauffer, Ryle HS / 44 Jack Stewart, Highlands HS / 11 Tyler Hodges, Conner HS / Head Coach, Sean Murphy / ( Not Pictured, Asst. Nick Dorning )

NKY Bulldogs.jpg

Sean Murphy is the Head Coach. I have never personally heard of him so maybe someone can give a little background on him.
I can tell you he's not as small in real life to "normal" sized humans as he may look in the team photo above... the kid he's standing next to, Tyler Hodges (11) is every bit of 6' 8", Jack Stewart (44) is 6' 8", Stauffer (31) is pushing 6' 7" and Barber (23) is 6' 4". :lol:

Vollett (34) is 6' 5", Montgomery (22) is 6' 5"... Trammel and Flesch are both around 6'.

Murphy is a very level-headed leader, with a sound knowledge of the game. He's been a great influence and mentor to these boys.

Nick Dorning is ex-Air Force and absolutely top drawer in every aspect. He's another great influence on these young men. :thumb:

I can tell you he's not as small in real life to "normal" sized humans as he may look in the team photo above... the kid he's standing next to, Tyler Hodges (11) is every bit of 6' 8", Jack Stewart (44) is 6' 8", Stauffer (31) is pushing 6' 7" and Barber (23) is 6' 4". :lol:

Vollett (34) is 6' 5", Montgomery (22) is 6' 5"... Trammel and Flesch are both around 6'.

Murphy is a very level-headed leader, with a sound knowledge of the game. He's been a great influence and mentor to these boys.

Nick Dorning is ex-Air Force and absolutely top drawer in every aspect. He's another great influence on these young men. :thumb:

Where is Coach Murphy from? Did he play basketball? Like I said, I have never heard of him, but just interested in hearing more about him.

The NKY Bulldogs had an excellent season. Congrats on the Nationals Championship in Ft. Wayne. If what I have read is correct, there were quite a few teams in Ft. Wayne that had several D-1 caliber players who have received big-time offers. Why didn't they go to Orlando? Probably because they felt the competition in Ft. Wayne was worthy. And, Im sure it was. Sure there are many teams that go to Orlando, but you cant discount a team for going to Ft. Wayne.

I think the NKY Bulldogs have clearly proven they can hang with the big dogs. A good showing for the Adidas invitational, a final 13 appearance at HoopFest, and a USSSA National Championship. Not to mention, they have gone gold in just about every single tournament they have been in. Quite an accomplishment for "just a bunch of kids from Northern Kentucky" (plus Robbie Barber who was a very solid addition).