USSSA Nationals

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14U Ky Elite went 2-0 today. Dishman lead the way in the first game with 28 pts in route to a 63-47 victory. Edwards and Portwood had really strong performances in the second game which was also a 10+ win for the Elite. I heard the 15U Ky Elite lost their first game, but I am not in Ft. Wayne so I am relaying this info 2nd hand. Please correct any info that is wrong. I will try to post info as I get it.

15U Ky. Elite won this morning to go 2-1 in pool play and will play Friday morning at 9:00. I'm not surprised at all to hear about Crean watching Willis......I think he will end up being the No.1 player in the 2013 class from Ky.

15U Ky. Elite won this morning to go 2-1 in pool play and will play Friday morning at 9:00. I'm not surprised at all to hear about Crean watching Willis......I think he will end up being the No.1 player in the 2013 class from Ky.

In today's game, Willis scored only 4 points, but affected the game as much as any kid I have ever seen with that few of points. He challenged shots, rebounded and did the little things as the Elite 15U had an impressive win. Richardson led the way with 14, followed by McGovney (13) and Cornett (10). Cornett has made as big of strides as anyone in this age group the last year due to a great work ethic.

Does anyone know how Travis Montgomery, (Boone Cty HS) playing with the Bulldogs, did in the dunk contest. He's been practicing throwing one off the shot clock and slamming it. Also how are Bulldogs doing in tourney? Travis is beginning to get some college looks. He'll be one of the top players in the 9th this year.

Just heard from a Bulldog parent, that Travis Montgomery came in 2nd in the USSSA Nat'l Bball dunk contest. Local Ft. Wayne, In. news interviewed Travis after the contest asking what High School he went to, etc..

Congrats Travis!!

KY Elite 15u beats Team Blaze by 12. Dalton Cornett dominated inside with 17 points while Blake Sanders (13), Nate McGovney (11) and Quin Richardson (10) also scored in double figures. They play Spiece Higher Level in the quarterfinals this afternoon.

KY Elite 15u beats Team Blaze by 12. Dalton Cornett dominated inside with 17 points while Blake Sanders (13), Nate McGovney (11) and Quin Richardson (10) also scored in double figures. They play Spiece Higher Level in the quarterfinals this afternoon.

Ky Elite 15u falls by 3 on a three pointer with two seconds left. Christian McClendon led the way with 14 points.

From J Demling and the AAU Nationals in Florida:

The AAU season is over for the Shining Stars-Davis team 17U, losing in the quarterfinals of the first consolation bracket to W-A-V-E Basketball. It was not the best game of the season for Shining Stars as it looked like fatigued set in. Clark County's Robbie Stenzel had a big game, including five three-pointers, and was solid. Eastern's Remy Abell and Elliott County's Timmy Knipp had big summers but didn't end it with a bang.

14U Ky Elite ended their season with a loss in the semi finals against a very good Mid America Elite from Missouri. Good luck to these boys as they start their high school careers. I know a few of these kids will be starting for their respective high schools.