Don't even think about this Ole Miss!!!

If you finish last in the West without him as predicted by the media and 3rd or 4th with him, would you consider it a success to get him with his background and the fact that for all intents and purposes shouldn't even be admitted to a grad program at this late date? The reason I ask you this, is I know how you feel about schools and their admittance practices...but I also know how much we all want our teams to win. Hope the exams went well by the way.

I'm not thrilled about this at all. I want to win, but I really don't think he will make a huge difference. I don't know how he can learn our play book in 4 weeks. I mean our first two games are almost gimmes with Tulane and Jacksonville State. But even still you can't come in and learn a system over night. Not to mention I don't think he will thrive in our system anyways and we can't change our offense for him. I think it's a disgrace to the university to accept him in a grad program right now. I'm betting he got in to the Southern Studies program though which isn't very demanding from what I know about it. But even still it makes the university look awful. Not to mention how can I sit around and bash Cal for his thugs when we bring people like this in. I'm going to have to bite my tongue for a while.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting read...if UK was trying to get him on campus, how would you feel about that? Just curious.

Since I find it doubtful that he stole anything from the dorm room and I understand why he took the plea deal that he did the real issue concerns him having weed in his car. From strictly a personal standpoint, I'd have no problem with him being admitted. He's proven that he's a student-athlete. Weed is a minor violation IMO so I'd accept him.

I'm not thrilled about this at all. I want to win, but I really don't think he will make a huge difference. I don't know how he can learn our play book in 4 weeks. I mean our first two games are almost gimmes with Tulane and Jacksonville State. But even still you can't come in and learn a system over night. Not to mention I don't think he will thrive in our system anyways and we can't change our offense for him. I think it's a disgrace to the university to accept him in a grad program right now. I'm betting he got in to the Southern Studies program though which isn't very demanding from what I know about it. But even still it makes the university look awful. Not to mention how can I sit around and bash Cal for his thugs when we bring people like this in. I'm going to have to bite my tongue for a while.

HT, that is how I feel as well. I just don't see how it works out for Ole Miss. In if it's a success it's going to look bad on them most likely. I guess it is possible that he could change his life around, but in one season no one is really going to be able to see a change. Even if he didn't rob the dorm room, he followed it up by smoking marijuana in a car. I'm not usually going to throw anyone under the bus for smoking, but when you're trying to hold on to you scholarship and your public image you would think he'd have better sense about him.

HT, that is how I feel as well. I just don't see how it works out for Ole Miss. In if it's a success it's going to look bad on them most likely. I guess it is possible that he could change his life around, but in one season no one is really going to be able to see a change. Even if he didn't rob the dorm room, he followed it up by smoking marijuana in a car. I'm not usually going to throw anyone under the bus for smoking, but when you're trying to hold on to you scholarship and your public image you would think he'd have better sense about him.

To be fair there is no charge of smoking weed in the car.

Good points by all three of you. Tough call. I wouldn't want UK to go after him, but he probably isn't as bad as I originally though. The issue that CCC brings up is a good one though about the possession. You've already been in trouble a couple times, keep clean man. It's not that hard.

I don't know, I read the Sports Illustrated.com article about Masoli and I don't buy that he's as innocent as he claimed, but I do think differently about the charge that got him suspended for a year. I can also cut him some slack with the charge from his time in high school. The possession of marijuana didn't even merit criminal charges so I guess that's a toss up. I don't like the lying to his Coach and to the Police, and I think if he'll lie to one of the most important people in his life (Kelly) once-he may do it again. It's going to get really bad press because no matter how many stories like the SI.com article are written, he's still been in trouble with the police numerous times-no matter whether he's guilty or not on any of the charges-and that will be with him wherever he goes this year.

From a football standpoint, I agree with HT721 when he says that it will be difficult learn the playbook in four weeks. It will be very difficult to run the Ole Miss offense with the same fluidity that he ran Oregon's offense for the better part of last season. I do think Masoli is better than just someone who was in the right system and I think Ole Miss may have a pretty decent player.