Nationals vs. Braves updates (Strasburg start #5)

2-1 record, with a win against the Pirates and a loss against the Royals.

Don't get me wrong, he's good, but he's not the pitcher they are making him out to be just yet.

Looking at a pitcher's record is a waste of time in evaluating a pitcher.

Strasberg might get the loss tonight because he gave up 2 runs in the 7th. He should have been out of the inning with no runs scored but his fellow rookie SS booted a DP ball.

His one loss that you reference came in a game when he gave up one run.

Experts aren't wrong on this kid.

Looking at a pitcher's record is a waste of time in evaluating a pitcher.

Strasberg might get the loss tonight because he gave up 2 runs in the 7th. He should have been out of the inning with no runs scored but his fellow rookie SS booted a DP ball.

His one loss that you reference came in a game when he gave up one run.

Experts aren't wrong on this kid.

He may or may not have gotten out of that inning unscathed. If the SS turns the double play right there, then its runner on 3rd with 2 outs. Thats assuming they are able to turn it. Hinske comes up to bat and may get a hit. When he came up he was looking to hit it to the outfield due to the bases being loaded. You change one thing, you change another. Regardless, the Braves were really starting to threaten him while the Nats weren't getting anywhere near Hudson.

I'm not going to lie, ESPN makes me want to see this guy be unsuccessful. I know that isn't nice, but I gotta be honest lol.

I agree. They are attempting to play off that he didn't have his "stuff" tonight and this was an "average" night for him. He has thrown 6 innings of shutout ball against NL East leading Braves up to that point! Just think, if he kept that up, ESPN would be most likely saying that he was "on" tonight. Its just ESPN trying to protect the kid and trying to hype him up even further despite suffering a loss. He lost fair and square and ESPN just needs to admit that.