Bell County Football (Urgent!!)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you value Bell County Football, PLEASE attend the booster meeting on July 6th at 5:30 pm at the weight room.:madman: see http://www.bellcountyfootball.com for more info.

I checked the website. Got little to no detail except hyperbole. So what are the details? :idunno:

BTW, tell the website director that the word is "Alumni" not "Ulumni." :lol:

plain ole cutbacks and no support for the program outside of fans, players family, and alumni.

This is a sad time for everyone involved with Bell Co. Football. Dudley has one of the best programs in Ky. not the time to be cutting back when Boyle Co. going all out for Larry and his kids. Maybe the Adm. needs a good hard look,see.

I hope something can be worked out for the Bobcat program. They deserve as much support as they can get because they've earned it.

That said, finances are hurting most every school system. Schools can't produce money that is not there. Maybe the boosters organizations and others can help in some way that the public monies no longer can help with.

I have all the respect in the world for Coach Hilton and the Bobcats football program. But many mountain teams are feeling the pinch of cutbacks in spending. If they money isn't there, it isn't there. And the boosters cannot pay the assistant coaches.

3-4 assistant coaches is very slim, especially for a program like Bell that has competed at such a high level for so long.

So because the adm. has to make a choice either football or education. They decided it was more important to educate kids instead of pay assistant coaches that means they don't care? I am as big of football fan as anyone, but folks schools are broke. If you want to be mad at someone call you Legislatures, they are the ones who can't take care of our money.

The boosters hold up there end in taking care of the boys. Their is no support from the adm. in Bell County. It's not really a financial situation.

Then I'm confused. :confused:

If it's not a financial issue, what is it? Why is everything about this sounding so "cloak and dagger?" :idunno:

Can you give any details as to "what the issue" is?

Fewer Assistants hired by the school board to teach? :idunno:

So because the adm. has to make a choice either football or education. They decided it was more important to educate kids instead of pay assistant coaches that means they don't care? I am as big of football fan as anyone, but folks schools are broke. If you want to be mad at someone call you Legislatures, they are the ones who can't take care of our money.

:thumb: Amen. My understanding is that they are making it tougher and tougher for the schools to get the funding they need to operate. I could be wrong, but I understand that the problems really stem from Frankfort.