What are some possible concessions?

50inarow

Yes, with in reason. In other words, I don't think (as you were inquiring of the poster in the example) that they have any clue of how many students may enroll from private schools after the sixth or eighth grade other than historical data. I don't think anyone at Dixie is counting students in the sixth, seventh, and eighth grade class at St. Pius and tallying up how many are going to CovCath, how many are going to St. Henry, and how many are coming to Dixie.

I would agree with that and I am sorry if I was not clear. Public schools should be looking at enrollment in public schools. Private school building projects for high school, I would assume would look at enrollment in private elementary schools and at population projections in their community and what % of that increase/decrease will affect them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people wonder why a kid would want to travel miles and miles out of the way to play for a private school when they can play for the public school thats right by their house. Here are some reasons why.

http://www.saintx.com/images/project_x/Campus_Overhead.jpg

http://www.thsrock.net/index.php?p=278&symlink=180

So what if the kid is going there for sports. Hes going to get a great education AND have a shot at college scholarship. Im not going to fault a kid for going to a school to get exposure for college. Like I've said before I drove 23 miles one way to X everyday and didnt play a single sport (and Im not catholic). Their campus was top notch and I knew I would be prepared for college.

If a radius was imposed w/ concessions being made for feeder schools to the Private school would this work? It would mean anyone outside say a radius of 20 miles roughly, not attending a defined feeder school would have to sit out one year from competition in sports(I'd say practicing w/ the team would be fine just no competition). This wouldn't effect academically minded people wanting to go to the school. Also, its only a year you must accept off and if your a freshman chances were you weren't going to see loads of PT anyways unless Mayo esque.

The reason for defined feeder schools would be that schools like Lex Cath have a large area where no other Catholic school exists. Kids attending St. Leo in Versailles or Good Shepard in Frankfort shouldn't be punished for wanting to attend the school. I'd also say only kids attending the feeder schools can compete in Lex Cath middle school sports, this being because a kid in Versailles or Frankfort or even Richmond might want to play football but their feeder school doesn't offer it.

This is my suggestion based off a couple others.