What are some possible concessions?

50inarow

What difference does it make, really? That's what confounds me....I don't question why kids attend certain public schools. It's none of my business. Why does it even matter why he wants to attend private school? Justabout any reason he, or any other person who wants to attend private school, states is automatically dismissed as implausible.

Not from me. I would argue that he should have a right to attend if that is what he chooses. I was just curious on what motivated him. No sinister reason that I can thing of. Except if his reason was 100% based on getting to play at NCC and be able to compete for a state title in A instead of having to go against the big boys in AAAA. He still has that choice but I would see that as an example of the issue that is being discussed.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not from me. I would argue that he should have a right to attend if that is what he chooses. I was just curious on what motivated him. No sinister reason that I can thing of. Except if his reason was 100% based on getting to play at NCC and be able to compete for a state title in A instead of having to go against the big boys in AAAA. He still has that choice but I would see that as an example of the issue that is being discussed.

What difference does it make. If he wants to go to Brossart or NCC or Campbell County or Highlands or Latin to play football, play in a marching band, skip two grades, because his best friend is going, he likes the schools colors, what difference does it make?

I would wish that the first plays the vast majority of the reason.

I think Faith is an important consideration for most attending a Private school but personally I think if it became against the law to teach a Religion class in a private school many would still attend because of things like the disicpline and tradition.

What difference does it make. If he wants to go to Brossart or NCC or Campbell County or Highlands or Latin to play football, play in a marching band, skip two grades, because his best friend is going, he likes the schools colors, what difference does it make?

Wow. I didn't realize such an innocent question would pull out such a response. Either you two have nothing to do at work or you are overacting. Why can't I ask a young man what made him come to the decision he did? What is so wrong about that?

I think Faith is an important consideration for most attending a Private school but personally I think if it became against the law to teach a Religion class in a private school many would still attend because of things like the disicpline and tradition.

And if that is he answer, great. I am just curious to know what is driving him to make his decision. It could be several things. I was just curious. I have heard from many many adults on here that have offered their opinion and I saw an opportunity to ask a young man in the middle of his decision. I thought it was a good opportunity to be better informed about the decisions that go into the process.

As Steve Martin would have posted, "WELLLLLLLLLLL EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE." :D

Wow. I didn't realize such an innocent question would pull out such a response. Either you two have nothing to do at work or you are overacting. Why can't I ask a young man what made him come to the decision he did? What is so wrong about that?

There is nothing wrong with asking. I honestly think he was proposing a "What if" question as to what the radius rule would do to specific students with an example as we all do occasionally on here.

There is nothing wrong with asking. I honestly think he was proposing a "What if" question as to what the radius rule would do to specific students with an example as we all do occasionally on here.

In that case, if the school in your area does not offer the sport you want to compete in, you should be free to attend another school that offers that sport. Now, the question arises then is what if you quit that sport. For example, you live in the area of Private school A that does not offer swimming but does offer football. Private school B is outside of the "designated area" and offers both swimming and football. Freshmen year you play both. Sophomore year you only want to play football. What happens?

I'm doing plenty at work, but thanks for being concerned! :thumb:

What's wrong with your question is that it's really the family's business why they make the decision of a child's educational institution, and their reasons.

Isn't it interesting that in a so-called democracy, apparently children are owned by the public school system.

I'm doing plenty at work, but thanks for being concerned! :thumb:

What's wrong with your question is that it's really the family's business why they make the decision of a child's educational institution, and their reasons.

Isn't it interesting that in a so-called democracy, apparently children are owned by the public school system.

And if that is his response, fine with me.

It is not owned but plans are made based on expectations. For example, my school is built for 800 students. If the elementary classes indicated that when the 2nd-5th grades are in HS, we will have over 1100 students, than we need to be making plans on how to best serve them. Is that building an addition or new HS, is it bringing in mobile buildings, is it floating teachers, what subject areas will we need new teachers in. Same questions if the numbers are the other way. Where are cuts coming from if the numbers drop from 800 to 600.

And if that is his response, fine with me.

It is not owned but plans are made based on expectations. For example, my school is built for 800 students. If the elementary classes indicated that when the 2nd-5th grades are in HS, we will have over 1100 students, than we need to be making plans on how to best serve them. Is that building an addition or new HS, is it bringing in mobile buildings, is it floating teachers, what subject areas will we need new teachers in. Same questions if the numbers are the other way. Where are cuts coming from if the numbers drop from 800 to 600.

Maybe in the county you reside in this type of projection could be a reality, but in NKY where public and private grade and high schools are nearly built on top of each other it would be a futile effort to project.

Maybe in the county you reside in this type of projection could be a reality, but in NKY where public and private grade and high schools are nearly built on top of each other it would be a futile effort to project.

Disagree. I would hope that the administrators have some reasoning for building schools where they do. You see an area that is having a huge jump in home building and you can safely make the assumption that elementary numbers are going to go up in that area.

I would hope that the administrators are not spending tax dollars money without planning and thought. I do not believe politicians do that. :D;)

I about choked typing that last sentence.

Disagree. I would hope that the administrators have some reasoning for building schools where they do. You see an area that is having a huge jump in home building and you can safely make the assumption that elementary numbers are going to go up in that area.

I would hope that the administrators are not spending tax dollars money without planning and thought. I do not believe politicians do that. :D;)

I about choked typing that last sentence.

Yes, with in reason. In other words, I don't think (as you were inquiring of the poster in the example) that they have any clue of how many students may enroll from private schools after the sixth or eighth grade other than historical data. I don't think anyone at Dixie is counting students in the sixth, seventh, and eighth grade class at St. Pius and tallying up how many are going to CovCath, how many are going to St. Henry, and how many are coming to Dixie.