Does This Sound Racist?

^ Again, pure speculation.

I've never been one to dwell on the possibility of bad things happening just so I could be proven correct. My ego is neither that massive nor that stupendously needy.:D

If I'm not mistaken, hasn't it happened in the past? I don't have an example at this time, but I thought it's happened before.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the key sentence to me. This is what I was talking about when I mentioned stereotypes. There are some who claim that the only people on unemployment insurance and welfare are minorities and people who are too lazy to work. I think that is what he was talking about.

I never paid attention to whether the gentleman was a democrat or republican. I just listened carefully to what he said.

I understand what you're saying. I also understand the way he worded it can make it seem as if he's saying minorities aren't average, good American people. But as I've recently said, I'm leaning toward the "not racist" side of the argument now. A few of you have changed my mind.

I understand what you're saying. I also understand the way he worded it can make it seem as if he's saying minorities aren't average, good American people. But as I've recently said, I'm leaning toward the "not racist" side of the argument now. A few of you have changed my mind.

You are going to vote for Obama in 2012?! :scared::D

I am a black guy and I am trying to figure out when Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton got their credibility back. What is this 1988 or something? Really? You are worried about Jackson and Sharpton and what they say?:lol:

You get a "come on, son" for that.

Also, when you take the time to break down what he said and how he said it, I see how it can come off as racist but I think he misspoke what he was trying to say. Truth be told, when people are talking about welfare recipients they are usually referring to those recipients as minorities, lower class citizens, etc. and he was trying to say that in this particular situation that isn't the case. Unless he was talking in code.

If it weren't for the fact that every time Al or Jesse calls someone prominent (usually a Republican) a racist the networks are more then happy to put a mic in front of them then what you say would be correct.