Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom & Chris Larkey, ... good article

Featured Replies

This was such a nice article. We count oursleves very lucky to have Coach Tom Larkey here in Harlan County and I am sure the boys and parents at North Laurel feel the same way about Chris and Dackery.

That is a good one.

Tom Larkey has done a great job pulling everyone together in Harlan County and building a quality program, and Chris Larkey brought North Laurel a long way in one year.

Thanks for posting. Good article.

Awww, that was a great article. Thanks for sharing it Mountain Thunder. Coach is known far and wide in Kentucky. I took my son to football camp at UK a couple weeks ago. I had the chance to talk to Joker Phillips while I was there. He said to my son and I, "I hope you know you've got one of the best coaches in this land." Jordan told him yes, and I told him that yes, we do know and we think an awful lot of him. While we were checking in at the camp at Eastern, their recruiter told us to tell Coach "hi" for him too. We are very fortunate to have Coach here. I can't wait until that first kickoff this fall................GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

  • Author

I feel very fortunate to know all three of the Larkey men. And as the saying goes, behind every good man there is a good woman, .... in this case, there are 3 Mrs. Larkeys who are very supportive of their husbands, and one of them also of her two sons.

 

This is a true story, .... Harlan County did not play the friday of Week 0 and Tom was at the North Laurel vs Pulaski County game. I was within 5-10 feet of them the entire game. He was as nervous and excited watching Chris and Dackery coach as I have ever seen him. Towards the end of the game, with North scoring in the final minute to take the lead, Tom made his way to the field. When the game was over and Chris' Jaguars had pulled off the huge upset over the eventual regional champion Maroons, Coach Larkey had tears in his eyes. He was just beaming with pride for his boys. Then I see Mrs. Larkey on the field, taking pictures of her sons & husband, the grandkids, etc. ... just so happy and excited for her boys. You could see the geniune pride and love this family has for one another. It was honestly one of my top 5 moments watching a high school football game.

That was a great article. I too played for both Coach Larkey and Coach Chris. I will be keeping up with NL this year and going to some of their games if work permits. I have heard a lot o good things form NL this year.

I feel very fortunate to know all three of the Larkey men. And as the saying goes, behind every good man there is a good woman, .... in this case, there are 3 Mrs. Larkeys who are very supportive of their husbands, and one of them also of her two sons.

 

This is a true story, .... Harlan County did not play the friday of Week 0 and Tom was at the North Laurel vs Pulaski County game. I was within 5-10 feet of them the entire game. He was as nervous and excited watching Chris and Dackery coach as I have ever seen him. Towards the end of the game, with North scoring in the final minute to take the lead, Tom made his way to the field. When the game was over and Chris' Jaguars had pulled off the huge upset over the eventual regional champion Maroons, Coach Larkey had tears in his eyes. He was just beaming with pride for his boys. Then I see Mrs. Larkey on the field, taking pictures of her sons & husband, the grandkids, etc. ... just so happy and excited for her boys. You could see the geniune pride and love this family has for one another. It was honestly one of my top 5 moments watching a high school football game.

 

 

I always heard that behind every good man is an astonished mother-in-law.:D

  • Author
I always heard that behind every good man is an astonished mother-in-law.:D

 

That's a good one!!! LOL

  • Author

Word has it that the North Laurel vs Harlan County game from North will be broadcast live on Wazoo sports.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.