Georgetown Team Camp

I went over for a couple of days and spectated and the divisions were fairly distributed as to talent. If I was a coach though I'd prefer something a little smaller and in 1-2 facilities close to one another. Thx for the update.......

Louisville Eastern wins the Varsity A division, Frankfort takes the Varsity B and Scott County wins the JV.

Actually, Eastern lost in sudden death to Logan WV in the championship. Game went into one overtime and they were still tied, so they finished with a sudden death basket.

Logan also defeated Eastern's underclass Varsity team in the Final 4 by two as well.

How were championships determined in the G-Town camp? Since all of the games were scheduled in advance and there was not a bracket, seems difficult to determine. Just curious. Did they just use final records?

Friday through Sunday were the scheduled games, then a single elimination bracket was played in each division on Monday. Some teams chose not to play in the bracket.

I heard there were over 130 teams there. They use every gym in the county to accommodate the number of teams.

Happy said it was his biggest camp ever with 127 teams and 1200 players I believe.