Corbin vs. Washington County

WILDMAN

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was the Corbin players, but some fans that got the players riled up. Against Western, WC was down 28-0. You really need to keep your mouth shut at that point, but two or three players, not the whole team lost there composure. I hope the fans understand the magnitude of Corbin football and it's past history. It has been a good program in a football crazy area for years.

What are you refering too?

Is there any chance that Corbin will get Martin or Freeman back this year?

The Hounds are getting real thin in the secondary and either player would be a boost if they could play.

The next good passing attack Corbin faces could possibly spell the end of the line for the Hounds this year.

Is there any chance that Corbin will get Martin or Freeman back this year?

The Hounds are getting real thin in the secondary and either player would be a boost if they could play.

The next good passing attack Corbin faces could possibly spell the end of the line for the Hounds this year.

Heard Martin was a good possiblity. Freeman probably not a good posiblity even though he said it felt better. You may see him dress though.

I think we will see Martin back Friday night. I haven't heard any first hand info, so this is just a hunch. I say this because most people unless a QB or RB play with a broken hand. Jon Sizemore is the one running back (00 Redhounds) that I know to play through a broken wrist at RB. He had a partially seperated shoulder and broken wrist during that season. He had surgury on both following the year.

This will be a long trip for Washington Co... I personally think that if Corbin can put points on the board, Washington Co. doesn't have the offensive weapons to put up big numbers. They are more of a consistant drive, melt the clock team. From what I've heard Corbin can be explosive. Washington Co. does have a good line, but Corbin should win easy.

Seriously, seems to me that Corbin travels as far in season district play as most teams travel in playoffs?? Should Corbin be in another district? Seriously.

There are just not many 2A teams in south, southeast or southcentral Ky. Teams such as Somerset, Rockcastle Co., Danville, Boyle Co., Lexington Catholic and Madison Southern that used to be 2A teams have changed classes. Middlesboro is the closest 2A team to Corbin, but some of the other teams in that district such as Breathitt Co. & Knott Co are much farther away than teams such as Garrard, Wayne and Casey Co.

First hand info, Martin's out for the season.

This is bad news for Josh Martin and the Hounds, losing three defensive starters off of a thin team is tough. But the good news is that one is a freshman, one a sophomore and the other a junior, so they should all be able to come back next year.

There are just not many 2A teams in south, southeast or southcentral Ky. Teams such as Somerset, Rockcastle Co., Danville, Boyle Co., Lexington Catholic and Madison Southern that used to be 2A teams have changed classes. Middlesboro is the closest 2A team to Corbin, but some of the other teams in that district such as Breathitt Co. & Knott Co are much farther away than teams such as Garrard, Wayne and Casey Co.

I would rather travel to be back in the east as would most old time corbin fans. The east is the district Corbin belongs in.

I would much rather see Corbin in there with Leslie, Breathitt and Middlesboro. It would make a much more competitive district and Corbin wouldn't have such a cake walk almost every year.