Holmes a possible contender for next year???

Frequency

Holmes from what i have seen is a very erratic team. They can be the team who lost to Scott by 21 or the team that almost beats Dixie and the team that demolished Conner. With Duran Jefferson only being a junior, the mistakes he made will probably be taken out of his game when he is a senior. Jefferson is one of the most exciting QB's to watch in their district. With his running ability and his ability to have other players miss, he is dangerous. I was watching the Dixie vs. Holmes game and i know for a fact that if Jefferson would not have made a couple mental errors the Bulldogs would have upset Dixie. I believe that Holmes next year will be a playoff team. I think they will be the 4th seed in their district but will still make the playoffs.

Any comments?

They need line play.

They will be a legit contender for a spot next year.

There line was pretty good this year, but it's almost like they wait for the other shoe to drop. They moved the ball against Ryle almost at will, and against Dixie fairly well too. They just need to work on the mental aspect of the game, and try not to give up the big plays or turnovers and they will be alright. Holmes will be in 3A next season.

Will the dogs be in AAA or AAAA? Jefferson, Covington, Palmer and Hill are all fine athletes, they should have their sights set on a playoff birth.

I guess if there in 3A it would be :

1 or 2 CovCath

1 or 2 Highlands

3 South Old.

4 Holmes

with Grant last and Pendleton Co. coming in the district also .

I think in 4A it would be alot harder to make it with Dixie , Boone , Ryle , CC and SK returning so much . 4A in NKY will be very tuff next year and should be the best district in NKY ! Holmes is also going to be very good next year , but in 3A or 4A ? :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...

They open with South Laurel in the opening game of Cumberland Valley Bowl VI. The 'dawgs' were very good against the pass this season and will have that tested early by one of the better passing offenses in the state this season. They have a lot of good athletes and if they line can come together, they could compete for that final playoff spot.

To be honest I liked what I saw out of the role players this season. If they had a decent QB so DJ could play WR /TB it would be a lot better. I like what the coaches are doing down there, I just think it will take a little while for it to kick in and be competitive for District titile.