Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it illegal...

Featured Replies

Yeah, I know deep down the truth hurts:lol:

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well CCH tried it with the class of '09 and it didn't work for them.

 

That is some crazy talk there. Why is it that when people say private, they automatically think of CovCath. You know, there are other privates.:D

Don't we have a forum to discuss these subjects other than in the Baseball forum!

 

Oh but we do and it's called:Public/Private Debate

 

 

Take the thread to the correct place!

 

WOW!!! Are you serious? What did they say to offend. Or is there something to it? Let's move it to the private forum and get this out on the carpet. What say you Blue Magic?

I'm sure Blue Magic's PM inbox is full !!!!!

I think it is one of those things that would be hard to police. If Clyde wants to pay for my child to go to his private school to improve his son/daughters team. How does he go about it. He gives me the cash. I tell everyone I've been saving the money in a coffee can for years. He says nothing, I say nothing. Proving wrong doing would be tough.

 

Disclaimer: The use of the name, word, screen name, or term "Clyde" in this post was done without the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball and may or may not be associated with the same like name, word, screen name, or term used in above posts.

KHSAA rules forbid any person outside of a student's immediate family from paying tuition for a student athlete.

 

If I gift an amount of money to another individual within the limit the IRS will allow (so that no taxes are due), can't that individual do whatever they want with that money?

  • Author

I was seriously asking an honest question. Clyde answered it for me. I wasn't implying anything, I was honestly curious as to if it was illegal or not.

 

And the last part of my post was just a clarification of my question I wasn't answering my own, even though it did come off that way :lol:

  • Author
If I gift an amount of money to another individual within the limit the IRS will allow (so that no taxes are due), can't that individual do whatever they want with that money?

 

I guess it would be a loophole but what if the check was given straight to the school? Different story.

  • Author
Sound like somebody is losing playing time.

 

Only playing time I'm losing is on my X-box because my Call of Duty disc is broken.

There certainly are ways to get it done if someone chooses to do so.

  • Author
There certainly are ways to get it done if someone chooses to do so.

 

Well, sure. Which is why I was wondering if it was outright illegal by the KHSAA rules and regulations.

Illegal is just not a good word. Against their rules is a better way of stating it. Rules are much more flexible when challenged. Law is usually black and white but rules always trend into the grey areas of wiggle room.

  • Author
Illegal is just not a good word. Against their rules is a better way of stating it. Rules are much more flexible when challenged. Law is usually black and white but rules always trend into the grey areas of wiggle room.

 

Fair enough.

Kind of like a city School getting an apartment for someone, do you think that has ever been done.

Well CCH tried it with the class of '09 and it didn't work for them.

 

 

I guess they did it with the upcoming class of 2012 right?....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.