Memorial Day weekend tourneys?

The Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions in Chapel Hill, NC is usually Memorial Day weekend. If your team does not have an invitation, it's probably too late to get in it. I believe this is "invitation only" for the top AAU teams across the nation.

Midwest Hoops had a Memorial day Tourney. Showtime, Cincy Bulls, and the Kentucky Cats are in pool play in the U17 tournament. I caught the Cats game, they beat Showtime by double digits. Cats are a young team that gets better every weekend! Drew Baker had a impressive dunk. Cameron Hines Number #2 had a super game putting up 24 on Showtime! Cats went undeafed in pool play beat Cincy Bulls and showtime by double digits.

The Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions in Chapel Hill, NC is usually Memorial Day weekend. If your team does not have an invitation, it's probably too late to get in it. I believe this is "invitation only" for the top AAU teams across the nation.[/QUOTE]

Believe you are right.A great tourney. The 17u has 64 teams. Indiana Elite is in this tourney. They won 73-71 last night and won by 20 at 12:00 today. They play again later this afternoon.

Midwest Hoops had a Memorial day Tourney. Showtime, Cincy Bulls, and the Kentucky Cats are in pool play in the U17 tournament. I caught the Cats game, they beat Showtime by double digits. Cats are a young team that gets better every weekend! Drew Baker had a impressive dunk. Cameron Hines Number #2 had a super game putting up 24 on Showtime! Cats went undeafed in pool play beat Cincy Bulls and showtime by double digits.

Where do Hines and Baker go to school?

Do you happen to know how Tyler Fangman did in this tourney so far? Most of the times I see him he is lighting it up from the three.

I really wish Midwest Hoops would communicate more! On their website all they had listed was a girls tourney.

I hear they are having one next weekend, I am told Team KY will be looking to enter that one. I would enjoy seeing the Bulldogs enter this one too, I would enjoy seeing them match up with Team KY, it would seem to be a very good and entertaining game.

Do you happen to know how Tyler Fangman did in this tourney so far? Most of the times I see him he is lighting it up from the three.

I really wish Midwest Hoops would communicate more! On their website all they had listed was a girls tourney.

I hear they are having one next weekend, I am told Team KY will be looking to enter that one. I would enjoy seeing the Bulldogs enter this one too, I would enjoy seeing them match up with Team KY, it would seem to be a very good and entertaining game.

There won't be anymore good tournaments until July. High School basketball is going on in KY and Ohio the first three weeks in June.

Where do Hines and Baker go to school?

Cameron Haynes goes to Scott HS. He was a starter last year at the 2 for Scott. Had a nice year as a first year varsity starter averaging about 9-10 ppg.

Drew Baker goes to CovCath.

Yes thanks "4pointplay" Cameron Haynes had a great tourney. The Kentucky Cats went undefeated in the Midwest Hoops Memorial Day Tournament. This is a great group of kids that play hardnosed defense and un-selfish team basketball. Despite loosing Connor Crowley 6' 2", Josh Graff 6' 5" and Don Cheatum 6' 6" to injuries they have bonded together as a close group. "Sportsguy" Tyler Fangman played very well after getting his wisedom teeth pulled a week earlier. His shot was a little off the normal but made some great assist, he did great job getting several steals and rebounds. Drew Baker (Cov Cath), Fangman (Beechwood) and Cory Cruse (Beechwood) all had nice shot blocks. Baker led this group with 5 blocks in the championship. Nice to see this whole group of all Northern Kentucky boys playing great basketball.