I smell football season ...

swamprat

I got a letter yesterday explaining my priority points and telling me where I would likely be assigned as they are assigning season ticket seats right now.

I am working on getting to Ole Miss for the UK game this year.

Give me a high school or two to check out on the way down. I'm looking for a total experience - quality play, great atmosphere, Mississippi high school football.

I won't know whether I got the USF/UF tickets until after July 15th, now.

One disappointment, thus far. One of the annual pre-season tailgates, this one put on by the Pinellas County chapter of the Alumni Association, won't be happening this year. Some kind of power struggle within the chapter. That's why I don't get involved with it. Too ego driven.

My daughter is going to replace Mrs. S at Skip Holtz's Football Camp for the Ladies on July 31st. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that.

My boy RG3, Robert Griffin from Baylor says he's going to be faster than ever. Here's to an injury free season for him, that ACL injury was nasty last year. I still think that if he's healthy America is going to know his name by the end of the year.

Got denied Florida tickets from USF. I have a friend who is near the top of the priority list. He's promised me one of his tickets, if he qualifies. Mrs. S is OK staying at home for that one game since my son and his wife look like they are going. She'll get to watch the grand-kid, which she'd rather do anyway. I'm not sure I want to pay $90+ to sit with a bunch of Gator fans, if Sam does not come through. I'd just a soon watch it on TV.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, yeah. I'm feeling it.

The first 4 days of practice were in Tampa, but because of the construction of new facilities on the USF campus and Coach Holtz's desire to unify the team after the firing of Leavitt, the Bulls have moved camp to Vero Beach on the east coast of Florida and the old Dodgertown training facility there. Here is a news video of them arriving there today. The welcome by the people of the town was unexpected and had to make the players feel good. I think I hear a Miami or FSU fan shouting something at the end of the segment, too.

From Bulls camp in Vero Beach.

COACH HOLTZ: When Holtz talks about his father Lou with reporters, he calls him "Coach Holtz," and that was the label on the front of the golf cart the former Notre Dame coach and current ESPN analyst drove around practice Wednesday. The elder Holtz addressed the team before and after practice and said he liked the camp environment in Vero Beach.

"I'm really impressed with this setup. I don't know how you could have a better setup," he said. "I'm out there and Tommy Lasorda called me. The facilities, the dining, you have to be pleased, because it puts the players in a good mental atmosphere. It saves your fields at home, it builds togetherness, etc. ... I love the attitude and I love the way they work."

Greg Auman's USF Blog

Football season gets cranking tomorrow at the Tampa Preseason Tailgate at Cody's Roadhouse just north of the USF campus. Rocky D. Bull, the cheerleaders, the HOT pep band, an orange and blue car, .......

and a sledge hammer. :jump:

Next Sunday, the 22nd, is Fan Fest and the 28th is the Pinellas Preseason Tailgate at Capogna's Dugout in Clearwater. The next Saturday is September 4th, Kick-Off Day. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...