Holy Cross 3 Dixie Heights 1

What was a powerful offense for the Colonels in the first game of the Coach Connor Classic ended up producing very little offense in the second round game.

#29 was on the mound for the Indians (not sure of his name). He pitched an outstanding game. Congrats young man.

Tyler Sexton started and went all 7 for the Colonels. He pitched very well until the wheels came loose in the top of the 7th inning when Holy Cross put together some hits and were able to force across the 2 runs that decided it.

Dixie dropped to 21-6 after the loss.

What was a powerful offense for the Colonels in the first game of the Coach Connor Classic ended up producing very little offense in the second round game.

#29 was on the mound for the Indians (not sure of his name). He pitched an outstanding game. Congrats young man.

Tyler Sexton started and went all 7 for the Colonels. He pitched very well until the wheels came loose in the top of the 7th inning when Holy Cross put together some hits and were able to force across the 2 runs that decided it.

Dixie dropped to 21-6 after the loss.

Great game and it was #19, Tyler Johnson. He threw a heck of a game.

Great game and it was #19, Tyler Johnson. He threw a heck of a game.

:thumb: You are right. Thanks for the correction.

I heard he did. I didnt get to attend this game. How did Sexton throw?

Sexton threw very well until he ran into the rough spot in the 7th. He had excellent command and it seemed like his velocity was up.

:thumb: You are right. Thanks for the correction.

Sexton threw very well until he ran into the rough spot in the 7th. He had excellent command and it seemed like his velocity was up.

Ive heard the same thing from multiple people at the game. I personally havent seen him throw all that much this year. How hard was he throwing today? I know Smallwood got clocked at 87 in the Beechwood game. At least thats what somebody told me.

Ive heard the same thing from multiple people at the game. I personally havent seen him throw all that much this year. How hard was he throwing today? I know Smallwood got clocked at 87 in the Beechwood game. At least thats what somebody told me.

I don't know if anyone was at the game with a gun to clock him. UK was supposed to be there but Smallwood turned them away.

If I had to guess I would say Sexton was mid 80's maybe a bit more.

I don't know if anyone was at the game with a gun to clock him. UK was supposed to be there but Smallwood turned them away.

Okay thanks NKU. Ive never seen Sexton at his best velocity. Just heard things, ya know? And once you hear things thats when things start to get twisted.

Dixie has proven they struggle with a pitcher that throw alot of off speed stuff with good location. Teegarden from Boone got them last week I think in a 2-0 Boone win. Neither TJ or Teegarden have great fast balls, just effective.

Okay thanks NKU. Ive never seen Sexton at his best velocity. Just heard things, ya know? And once you hear things thats when things start to get twisted.

You're welcome. Sexton was at his best velocity wise yesterday. He was really reaching back and getting the arm action needed. At one point he came into the dugout and asked me "so think I am throwing pretty hard?" I had to tell him yes because he did have it that game.

I dont understand how Dixie can go from Friday night hitting Roenker and Fuller very hard and then coming back Saturday and barely muster up any hits against Johnson. :confused:

Dixie did a good job hitting against Johnson. They were stinging the ball for the most part but the balls were hit right at people. It was just one of those games. Nobody could find a hole to put some hits together. A few adjustments in swings and it is a different outcome but they didn't happen and Dixie took a L.

Lets back up for a second. What do you mean he "turned them away?"