Holy Cross 3 Beechwood 1

Is it correct that HC only needs to beat Holmes to earn the all-important #1 seed in the district tournament? Which would then mean that Beechwood and CCH would pair off in a first round game?

No, CovCath has yet to play Beechwood and or Cov Holy Cross in a 35th District seeding games.

Heard Bertke pitched. Also heard he gave up only 1 earned.

I heard the same thing. Heard his defense behind him was horrific tonight.

"Horrific" is a bit much. 2 errors led to runs . One error started the inning but HC still had the other players get on base without aid of an error. The 2nd error happened late when the pitcher fielded a groundball and threw a fastball to the 1B from about 20 feet. Tough for the 1B to have time to react.

The other run scored on a play at the plate with bases loaded. Grounder to the infielder who came home for the force. Catcher stretched but his foot came off of the plate. Runner safe.

The only run Ritter gave up was on a 28 hopper to short that the SS tried to field on the run bare-handed (only play) and hit hopped over his bare hand.

Both pitchers controlled their opponent.

I think I will go with the opinion of the person or persons who actually were at the game, who can give a eye witness account of the game.

We are getting far too many, I heard or I was told, when not knowing who told them or who they heard it from, to be credible.