Holy Cross 3 Beechwood 1

So much for my comment that Beechwood is getting the bats going. I know Ritter is tough but you have to score runs to win. If Beechwood played error free baseball behind Bertke they still don't win because they didn't score enough.

Beechwood has to beat CCH and hope CCH beats Holy Cross. Assuming all three beat Holmes that makes everyone 2-1 in district. How do they break the tie for seeding?

I think I will go with the opinion of the person or persons who actually were at the game, who can give a eye witness account of the game.

We are getting far too many, I heard or I was told, when not knowing who told them or who they heard it from, to be credible.

HC won... If they want to use the excuse they can't field, well okay? Sorry I thought that was part of the game, but maybe it's just me. Bertke is a really good pitcher but he can't strike out everyone, his fielders will have to make plays.

On a side note: This game doesn't mean anything to Beechwood, as I was reassured after the game by many fans. They either A) "Will beat HC in districts again..." or B) Well "they always beat HC in football" so they got that going for them too.

Sorry for getting excited over a big district BASEBALL game, but who am I to do that anyway? I mean Beechwood beats HC in football...

HC won... If they want to use the excuse they can't field, well okay? Sorry I thought that was part of the game, but maybe it's just me. Bertke is a really good pitcher but he can't strike out everyone, his fielders will have to make plays.

On a side note: This game doesn't mean anything to Beechwood, as I was reassured after the game by many fans. They either A) "Will beat HC in districts again..." or B) Well "they always beat HC in football" so they got that going for them too.

Sorry for getting excited over a big district BASEBALL game, but who am I to do that anyway? I mean Beechwood beats HC in football...

Sounds like you were sitting next to the wrong couple of fans and it was the typical post loss justification talk that happens after every big game by every team's fans.