Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anthony Wroten Jr.

Featured Replies

Just read an article on Cats Pause and he seemed very interested after Gilchrist committed to UK. He went on to mention that even if UK were to get Marquis Teague he would still be interested in UK. My question is will Cal even attempt to get Wroten? Up until this point he has not even contacted him.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just read an article on Cats Pause and he seemed very interested after Gilchrist committed to UK. He went on to mention that even if UK were to get Marquis Teague he would still be interested in UK. My question is will Cal even attempt to get Wroten? Up until this point he has not even contacted him.
I saw this in one of his tweets.

 

Rivals:

Connecticut Medium Offered None

Kansas Medium Offered None

Kentucky Medium Offered None

Syracuse Medium Offered None

Tennessee Medium Offered None

Villanova Medium Offered None

Washington Medium Offered None

He stated on Twitter last week that Kentucky is now is leading school.

He stated on Twitter last week that Kentucky is now is leading school.
I believe he said that with him, Gilchrist and Teague at UK, that they would not need a Tournament, just give them the trophy. :clap: He tweets out some pretty funny post.
I believe he said that with him, Gilchrist and Teague at UK, that they would not need a Tournament, just give them the trophy. :clap: He tweets out some pretty funny post.

 

I'll have much, much more on Wroten soon :thumb:

Even though Teague's the guy you want in this class, (being he will be the freak, only come around once in a while point guard) Wroten's not a guy you'll be too bummed about if you don't land Marquis Teague. There's a lot of talent in the 2011 class, and if everyone in the class progresses the way they have been, then its shaping up to be a monster class much like the 03' guys, and 07 guys. This looks good for Cal and Kentucky because its shaping up to be the year he will not only get the number one class, but possibly the greatest class ever assembled. Ricky P had a lot of momentum going, but if Chandler does leave and Teague tells him thanks but no thanks, the Cards could quickly go from having the possible number one (at least top three) class to who knows where. So as big of a class as it is for John Cal, it is even bigger for Pitino being it can either put him back on top of his game, or just keep on sinking his ship.

 

 

 

Again, Teague is the freak athlete and game changer like Wall was, but Wroten can score the ball and mixed with guys such as Gilchrist, Quincy Miller (possible), Johnny O'Bryant (possible), Doron Lamb, Miller, Liggins, etc. he will be more than fine. Dream scenario is you get them both (Teague/Wroten) as Tony has said he would like to play with Teague, and a commitment from Marquis wouldn't deter a commitment from him. Then the next question is how many scholly's will Cal have to use next year? Obviously he has them this year, but 2011 is the year in which they will really come in handy IMO.

 

But thats enough rambling. All I will say is oh how bright the future looks in Lexington.

http://twitter.com/TWroten5

 

Just tweeted that Coach Cal is coming to see him tomorrow. Wroten is getting a lot of love from UK fans via twitter.

http://twitter.com/TWroten5

 

Just tweeted that Coach Cal is coming to see him tomorrow. Wroten is getting a lot of love from UK fans via twitter.

I was just reading this on his tweet earlier.

 

KySportsRadio John Calipari visiting Top 10 2011 guard Tony Wroten Jr (@twroten5), tomorrow. Super talent who could join amazing 2011 class

I was just reading this on his tweet earlier.

 

KySportsRadio John Calipari visiting Top 10 2011 guard Tony Wroten Jr (@twroten5), tomorrow. Super talent who could join amazing 2011 class

 

That information is false. The UK staff will not visit Wroten Jr. tomorrow.

Wroten just replied to a tweet and says Teague is Kentucky bound.

That information is false. The UK staff will not visit Wroten Jr. tomorrow.

 

Wonder why he is saying they are on twitter?

Where is Wroten from?

 

I know Cal is supposed to be visiting J.P. Tokoto (I think that's his name), a 2012 guy tomorrow.

 

It seems to me that young mister Wroten likes the attention and love he's getting from UK fans with his tweets and comments. I think the kid is definitely a strong possibility for the Cats, but he's definitely playing it up, and I don't blame him one bit.

Wonder why he is saying they are on twitter?

 

He RT'd a post from someone else.

 

Tokoto is in Wisconsin. Wroten is in Wasington (the state).

  • Author

I don't see how we turn the kid down. I assume that CAL won't if he has the schooly available.

I don't see how we turn the kid down. I assume that CAL won't if he has the schooly available.

 

If Teague picks U of L (or UC), they'll almost certainly get him. I assume.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.