Beechwood 5 Newport Central Catholic 4 (8inns)

Who started on the mound for NC?

Their number 1 Meyer, from what I understand Beechwood hit the ball really well and jump out to and early lead in the second inning. Great job by such a young team.:dancingpa

The young Tigers keep on surprising people. No seniors on the roster and they started 5 sophomores in this game but they won another A region title. They lead N. Ky. with 13 wins on the season. Congrats to the Tigers and good luck against Brossart!

Dixie Heights has 15 wins and 2 losses.

Beechwood got lucky. Their coach almost blew it by leaving Bertke in the game to long. Just my opinion......

Come on now, Beechwood made the plays and NCC did not. Error on SS for NCC and Beechwood SS made the play he had to, NCC catcher let balls get past him and Beechwood scores two runs, Beechwood catcher blocked every ball in the dirt so runner never could move over or steal, is that being lucky or just better defense.:idunno:

Come on now, Beechwood made the plays and NCC did not. Error on SS for NCC and Beechwood SS made the play he had to, NCC catcher let balls get past him and Beechwood scores two runs, Beechwood catcher blocked every ball in the dirt so runner never could move over or steal, is that being lucky or just better defense.:idunno:

That was better defense. No argument about any of that. My point was that Myerhoff let Bertke stay in the game an inning to long. He alone almost blew it for them. I know his pitch count was not high but it was obvious that he was running out of gas.

Better defense without a doubt. Better execution in every phase of the game.

NCC batters took way too many strikes and Bertke made them hit his pitch. Josh did a great job.