Pearl Jam @ Nationwide Arena 05-06-2010

Hangman

I would love to go, BUT I'm spending way too much this weekend at a horror movie convention in Indianapolis.

I did just post on another thread here in general discussion that I do have all their concerts from the 2000,2003 and 2005-2006 tours. So darn cool of them to have the official bootlegs.

That's awesome, hc... I only have a select few of the live bootlegs... Their 10 year anniversary show in Vegas being my favorite.

I do have 361 PJ songs on my ipod, however... Which is certainly in the lead for the most of any one band. :lol:

I've always thought PJ sounds good live, but have always been disappointed by their live shows. It's like they are trying to prove a point by being anti rock stars with no real light show or back drops or anything. It's been a few years since I've seen them, maybe they've changed.

• 1 month later...

I'd love to go, but I can't this time. Bad timing. I'd been waiting and looking forward to seeing them again...I've watched them twice. I saw them in Riverbend in 2001 and it was the best concert I've ever been to. They're great live. You're in for a treat, although I think seeing them outside is better.

So... This was my first Pearl Jam concert, and apparently I picked the right one to go to... They really tore it up! Now I just need money, and I'll just keep going to more and more. :lol:

Setlist:

Oceans

Given To Fly

Corduroy

Got Some

World Wide Suicide

Faithfull

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

Amongst The Waves

Even Flow

Comatose

Marker In The Sand

Unthought Known

Grievance

Alone

The Fixer

Do The Evolution

Encore:

Just Breathe

Black

State Of Love And Trust (Dedicated to Bronson Arroyo, who was in the crowd and requested it.)

Spin The Black Circle

Go

Encore 2:

Come Back (Dedicated to Brian Shaffer, a Columbus area Pearl Jam fan who has been missing since 2006.)

Once

Hail Hail

Crazy Mary

Alive

Yellow Ledbetter

Needless to say, I'll be buying this one when the bootleg comes out. I would've liked to hear "Betterman", "Daughter", or "Rearviewmirror"... But I'm more than satisfied with what I got.

So... This was my first Pearl Jam concert, and apparently I picked the right one to go to... They really tore it up! Now I just need money, and I'll just keep going to more and more. :lol:

Setlist:

Oceans

Given To Fly

Corduroy

Got Some

World Wide Suicide

Faithfull

Amongst The Waves

Even Flow

Comatose

Marker In The Sand

Unthought Known

Grievance

Alone

The Fixer

Do The Evolution

Encore:

Just Breathe

Black

State Of Love And Trust (Dedicated to Bronson Arroyo, who was in the crowd and requested it.)

Spin The Black Circle

Go

Encore 2:

Come Back (Dedicated to Brian Shaffer, a Columbus area Pearl Jam fan who has been missing since 2006.)

Once

Hail Hail

Crazy Mary

Alive

Yellow Ledbetter

Needless to say, I'll be buying this one when the bootleg comes out. I would've liked to hear "Betterman", "Daughter", or "Rearviewmirror"... But I'm more than satisfied with what I got.

That's a fantastic set, although I hate it you didn't get to hear Betterman live. The crowd usually sings the first verse and it's incredible. I guarantee the second encore was rocking. Come Back is a terrific song, and I can just imagine the segue into Once and Hail Hail.

I noticed that they played Black, too. Black is the most beautiful song they've ever written, although it isn't necessarily always great live. Hopefully it was last night.

And finally, hated to see Rearviewmirror not performed. I'm about reading to bust out of my skin by the end of RVM I'm so pumped. Glad you had fun!

Black was most definitely ON last night... I've got all of their DVD releases and a few of the live bootlegs as well, so I know it's definitely not always amazing live... But Black and Crazy Mary were my favorite performances of the night, by far.

Forgot to mention that Before Band of Horses set, Mike McCready came out and surprised the early crowd with a couple of acoustic performances. One song was a cover of "Dead Flowers" by the Rolling Stones, and the other was a song he wrote about his son which I didn't catch the name of. I had no idea Mike could even sing! He never does backing vocals, I don't think.

Forgot to mention that Before Band of Horses set, Mike McCready came out and surprised the early crowd with a couple of acoustic performances. One song was a cover of "Dead Flowers" by the Rolling Stones, and the other was a song he wrote about his son which I didn't catch the name of. I had no idea Mike could even sing! He never does backing vocals, I don't think.

That's fantastic. I absolutely love Dead Flowers. Making bets on Ken-tucky Derby Day! I'm kicking myself a million times over for not making an effort to go. I'm living vicariously through you and your set list!:lol:

Setlist:

Oceans

Given To Fly

Corduroy

Got Some

World Wide Suicide

Faithfull

Amongst The Waves

Even Flow

Comatose

Marker In The Sand

Unthought Known

Grievance

Alone

The Fixer

Do The Evolution

Encore:

Just Breathe

Black

Spin The Black Circle

Go

Encore 2:

Once

Hail Hail

Crazy Mary

Alive

Yellow Ledbetter

Sounds like you got your money's worth, I am jealous. I almost went up by myself and scalped tickets. I saw them a few years back at US Bank Arena and they dedicated Come Back to Shaffer then as well. "Betterman" Live is awesome and the way the crowd sings the opening verse is unreal. I would have liked to have seen "Wishlist" and "Dissident" in there as well but many awesome songs. They are my 2nd fav band next to Queensryche.

Setlist:

Oceans

Given To Fly

Corduroy

Got Some

World Wide Suicide

Faithfull

Amongst The Waves

Even Flow

Comatose

Marker In The Sand

Unthought Known

Grievance

Alone

The Fixer

Do The Evolution

Encore:

Just Breathe

Black

Spin The Black Circle

Go

Encore 2:

Once

Hail Hail

Crazy Mary

Alive

Yellow Ledbetter

That's a good set...but, they don't have bad ones. The good thing about PJ, for true fans like ourselves, not the people who quit listening after Ten or Vitalogy, is that they play all of their songs. If you're like me, you like so many that its not possible for them to play all the ones you want, but you also have the privelege of getting a unique show every time you see them. Many bands play the same set list night after night. I love that with Pearl Jam any song in their catalogue (and several covers) are a possibility on any night.

Glad you got to see a good show...I hope to see them again sometime, but it just didn't work out this year.