Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke and Road Games

Featured Replies

My understanding is that NCAA Tournament games are played on a neutral court. Which is my reasoning in why Duke rarely plays many road games. I'm not ever worried about them not playing road games, I dont see why its such a big deal.

My understanding is that NCAA Tournament games are played on a neutral court. Which is my reasoning in why Duke rarely plays many road games. I'm not ever worried about them not playing road games, I dont see why its such a big deal.

 

The problem is they can't win when they do go on the road against anyone that has a pretty good team.

My understanding is that NCAA Tournament games are played on a neutral court. Which is my reasoning in why Duke rarely plays many road games. I'm not ever worried about them not playing road games, I dont see why its such a big deal.

 

Because playing legit road games makes a team tougher. Toughness is something I would think most Duke fans would like to see more out of their team, since they certainly haven't displayed much of it in recent NCAA tourney appearances.

If conference road games aren't legit enough then......oh what's the point? You guys hate Duke so much that my words don't matter so I'll end with this.....we are awful on the road. We lost all of our games on the road this year but come tourney time we will be no worse than a 2 seed and when we lose in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 or even possibly before it won't be because of the road games on the schedule.

The problem is they can't win when they do go on the road against anyone that has a pretty good team.

 

And like he said.....so what. The tourney is at neutral sites.

What team this year has more than 1 good road win anyways?

If conference road games aren't legit enough then......oh what's the point? You guys hate Duke so much that my words don't matter so I'll end with this.....we are awful on the road. We lost all of our games on the road this year but come tourney time we will be no worse than a 2 seed and when we lose in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 or even possibly before it won't be because of the road games on the schedule.

 

Conference road games aren't the same. It's easy for a team to get up for a rival they see 2-3 times a year, and it isn't all that intimidating playing a road game in an arena you've already played in several times. Playing someone they're unfamiliar with, in an unfamiliar arena, is what toughens you up. It's the Denny Crum model, and was one of the keys to the Cards' success during his tenure.

 

And I am apathetic about Duke, at best. I just call 'em like I see 'em. I have the same criticisms for UK, UNC, KU, etc.

What team this year has more than 1 good road win anyways?

 

Kentucky has road wins at Vanderbilt, Florida, and Mississippi State. A couple of those aren't great, but that's probably as good as anyone else. But if you are talking about non-conference road wins, then there aren't many at all.

Kentucky has road wins at Vanderbilt, Florida, and Mississippi State. A couple of those aren't great, but that's probably as good as anyone else. But if you are talking about non-conference road wins, then there aren't many at all.

 

I was talking non conference. I should have said that. My bad.

Conference road games aren't the same. It's easy for a team to get up for a rival they see 2-3 times a year, and it isn't all that intimidating playing a road game in an arena you've already played in several times. Playing someone they're unfamiliar with, in an unfamiliar arena, is what toughens you up. It's the Denny Crum model, and was one of the keys to the Cards' success during his tenure.

 

And I am apathetic about Duke, at best. I just call 'em like I see 'em. I have the same criticisms for UK, UNC, KU, etc.

 

 

 

Right, and there is nothing wrong with that. I just think it's funny that Duke fans have to defend our non conference schedule because we play games at neutral sites. Looking at everyone else's schedule we play tougher teams at neutral sites but for some reason it's wrong because they aren't true road games and when we play "true road games" we lose like everyone else does. I just don't see what the fuss is all about I guess. Either way it goes we played one of the top 5 toughest schedules this year and lost a total of 5 games.

I just think it's funny that Duke fans have to defend our non conference schedule because we play games at neutral sites.

 

No we don't....look I fought this battle on this site for years, now I just don't care. Let them hate. Duke's recipe for success has been proven for quite sometime, and that's all I care about. I certainly no longer feel the need to appease Duke haters.

No we don't....look I fought this battle on this site for years, now I just don't care. Let them hate. Duke's recipe for success has been proven for quite sometime, and that's all I care about. I certainly no longer feel the need to appease Duke haters.

 

You're absolutely right. I try to ignore Duke threads because I know it's a battle I can't win but I always end up saying more than I intended. I need to quit.

No we don't....look I fought this battle on this site for years, now I just don't care. Let them hate. Duke's recipe for success has been proven for quite sometime, and that's all I care about. I certainly no longer feel the need to appease Duke haters.

 

You're absolutely right. I try to ignore Duke threads because I know it's a battle I can't win but I always end up saying more than I intended. I need to quit.

 

Right on:thumb:. I remember telling you last year PP that there is no point in talking about Duke on here because you just get slammed. I barely even post in here anymore:isurrender:.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.