Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Isaac Wilson named 13th Region Boys Basketball POY

Featured Replies

Just got the e-mail confirming Wilson POY and coach Pietrowski COY. The win last night was Pietrowski's 200th.

Wilson is very deserving of this award. I've said all year long he's the straw that stirs the drink.

Awesome kid and one of the best individuals I have ever covered.

Just got the e-mail confirming Wilson POY and coach Pietrowski COY. The win last night was Pietrowski's 200th.

Wilson is very deserving of this award. I've said all year long he's the straw that stirs the drink.

Awesome kid and one of the best individuals I have ever covered.

 

Isaac Wilson heard many times growing up that he would be too small to be much of a factor at the high school level. It just made him more determined and I believe that he obviously proved a lot of naysayers wrong. He is a kid that has his head on straight and I think that some college will be glad they took a chance on him as I would not count him out on being able to compete at that level either.

  • Author
Isaac Wilson heard many times growing up that he would be too small to be much of a factor at the high school level. It just made him more determined and I believe that he obviously proved a lot of naysayers wrong. He is a kid that has his head on straight and I think that some college will be glad they took a chance on him as I would not count him out on being able to compete at that level either.

 

Amen on everything you just said. His 43-point effort against Bell showed what a gritty player he is. He did all of that and missed just 15 seconds of action in a four overtime game despite getting one of hardest picks set on him I've seen in a long time.

He is a TRUE warrior.

No complaints here. He is definitely well-deserving for the way he carries himself on and off the court and, not to mention, his play has been phenomenal for the Redhounds. Isaac is a great kid and certainly means a lot to the Corbin program.

 

Isaac may not have the physical tools as a Ben Madon, Madison Johnson, Matt St. John, or Cody Miller but his heart is immeasurable and his ballhandling, passing, and willingness to score when needed (just ask Bell Co.) is the reason why Coach Pietrowski and the Redhounds are going back to Rupp.

 

Much success to Isaac in the future and what else can you say but "Great Career"?

I may be biased, but I thought the race for POY had to come down to Wilson and Johnson of Corbin, with all due respect to Matt St. John and Cody Miller. They both do so many different things to help their team win, offensively, defensively and leadership.

Congrats to Isaac! Great kid and player.

  • Author
I may be biased, but I thought the race for POY had to come down to Wilson and Johnson of Corbin, with all due respect to Matt St. John and Cody Miller. They both do so many different things to help their team win, offensively, defensively and leadership.

 

I agree with you, but I honestly thought there wasn't a doubt the entire season who the Player of the Year was going to be — Wilson proved to me early on that he's the best player in the region.

Congrats to Wilson on a great season and the POY honor. He is a well deserving player who embodies what high school sports is all about.

 

Certianly there were some other impressive players in the 13th region but none could measure up to the high standard that was set game in and game out by the winner.

 

Also congrats to Tony Peitrowski, many thought that Corbin would be down.... and what did the Coach do, just a return trip to Rupp. Congrats and good luck in the Sweet 16.

Issac Wilson is very deserving of 13th POY. He has worked hard and played basketball for many years, not only high school, but also AAU. He has spent the time in the gym improving his skills and I hope the Lord will bless him to realize a dream to play at the next level. Whoever gets him will get 110% and a very unselfish player. Congrats Issac!:dancingpa

I agree with you, but I honestly thought there wasn't a doubt the entire season who the Player of the Year was going to be — Wilson proved to me early on that he's the best player in the region.

 

 

 

You had a good crystal ball for this one.

After talking to the coaches in the summer, it looked like a two-man race between St. John and Miller, with Johnson third. I think most of the posters also said one of those three.

Wilson had a great season though. He comes to play every night.

 

I saw several college coaches talking to him and Johnson and Hooker after Saturday's games.

You had a good crystal ball for this one.

After talking to the coaches in the summer, it looked like a two-man race between St. John and Miller, with Johnson third. I think most of the posters also said one of those three.

Wilson had a great season though. He comes to play every night.

 

I saw several college coaches talking to him and Johnson and Hooker after Saturday's games.

IMO a great choice for this award, unlike the early two favorites Wilson plays with a lot of heart and a passion for the game at all times. He plays every minute like it may be the last time he is on a basketball floor, others just seem to go through the motions at times. Johnson though plays really hard as well,but can be hot or cold, with the two best players in the region Corbin should have rolled and they did taking care of business.

You had a good crystal ball for this one.

After talking to the coaches in the summer, it looked like a two-man race between St. John and Miller, with Johnson third. I think most of the posters also said one of those three.

Wilson had a great season though. He comes to play every night.

 

I saw several college coaches talking to him and Johnson and Hooker after Saturday's games.

 

That is a very good point. I don't think anyone expected him to be POY in the 13th region going into the year outside of some in Corbin. Hes an impressive player and seems like a fine young man!

  • Author
That is a very good point. I don't think anyone expected him to be POY in the 13th region going into the year outside of some in Corbin. Hes an impressive player and seems like a fine young man!

 

I know two or three people that thought he might be POY before the season started in the 13th Region.

I know two or three people that thought he might be POY before the season started in the 13th Region.

 

Yes, I'm sure his parents did. :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.