Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

12th Region Predictions

Who wins the region? 66 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the region?

    • West Jessamine
      19%
      13
    • Wayne County
      4%
      3
    • Boyle County
      7%
      5
    • Casey County
      1%
      1
    • Pulaski County
      4%
      3
    • Danville
      0%
      0
    • McCreary Central
      53%
      35
    • Mercer County
      9%
      6

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Does anyone know what Region the Ref's will be from?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean 12th region refs aren't used for the 12th region tournament? Is that true? I didn't know that. That seems kind of weird.

You mean 12th region refs aren't used for the 12th region tournament? Is that true? I didn't know that. That seems kind of weird.

 

The regions switch officials.

You mean 12th region refs aren't used for the 12th region tournament? Is that true? I didn't know that. That seems kind of weird.

 

 

Its been that way for a long, long time. They trade officials for the regional tournaments.

1st round

West Jess by 14

Boyle by 6

Danville by 3

McCreary by 7

 

Semi

 

West Jess by 4

McCreary by 10

 

Finals

McCreary by 4

The regions switch officials.

 

Its been that way for a long, long time. They trade officials for the regional tournaments.

 

I never knew that. Any particular reason why? Seems like you would want officials who are familiar with the teams and coaches to ref the tourney, but is that part of the reason the regions trade refs in the first place?

1st round

 

West by 10

Boyle by 21

Danville by 5

Mercer by 2

 

Semis

 

Boyle by 2

Mercer by 13

 

 

Finals

 

 

Boyle by 5

  • Author
I never knew that. Any particular reason why? Seems like you would want officials who are familiar with the teams and coaches to ref the tourney, but is that part of the reason the regions trade refs in the first place?

 

That's likely the reason they switch. To avoid the "he likes McCreary Central, that's why they won."

I think with all the tough games the Raiders have played will have them playing a bit '' faster'' than most 12th region teams are used to playing. McCreary will win this region if they don't take a night off.

I think with all the tough games the Raiders have played will have them playing a bit '' faster'' than most 12th region teams are used to playing. McCreary will win this region if they don't take a night off.

 

Other teams have played tough games and rough schedules and if Mercer beats McCreary on Thursday, I'd have a hard time believing that McCreary "took a night off". If McCreary wins, it'll likely be a tough time for them or a tougher time than people think.

  • Author
Other teams have played tough games and rough schedules and if Mercer beats McCreary on Thursday, I'd have a hard time believing that McCreary "took a night off". If McCreary wins, it'll likely be a tough time for them or a tougher time than people think.

 

I think McCreary wins going away in the second half. It will be a dandy of a game, however.

 

The Raiders know they let one get away from them earlier.

 

Watts will have a good shooting night.

I think McCreary wins going away in the second half. It will be a dandy of a game, however.

 

The Raiders know they let one get away from them earlier.

 

Watts will have a good shooting night.

 

 

I can see that.

 

I also wonder if Mercer watched game film and will do more of what they did to get a 20 point lead on McCreary like they did when they met in December.

 

From what I saw, if Mercer can actually stay with getting the ball to Jamel Taylor, then McCreary will have problems. Fortunately for McCreary, Mercer gets away from that strategy too often and it will likely play into McCreary's hands but if Mercer can stay disciplined and keep Jamel on the floor, they'll beat McCreary.

  • Author
I can see that.

 

I also wonder if Mercer watched game film and will do more of what they did to get a 20 point lead on McCreary like they did when they met in December.

 

From what I saw, if Mercer can actually stay with getting the ball to Jamel Taylor, then McCreary will have problems. Fortunately for McCreary, Mercer gets away from that strategy too often and it will likely play into McCreary's hands but if Mercer can stay disciplined and keep Jamel on the floor, they'll beat McCreary.

 

I don't trust the regional experience of Mercer. McCreary faced that last season when they played Lincoln.

 

That said, many things went into the loss to Mercer. Taylor can cause problems, but it's obvious that this is a totally different team than it was in the second game of the season. Same goes for Mercer, I assume.

 

That said, I believe the experience from last year propels the Raiders. McCreary will start to build a lead after half, Mercer will panic, start forcing shots, and McCreary will stroll away.

I don't trust the regional experience of Mercer. McCreary faced that last season when they played Lincoln.

 

That said, many things went into the loss to Mercer. Taylor can cause problems, but it's obvious that this is a totally different team than it was in the second game of the season. Same goes for Mercer, I assume.

 

That said, I believe the experience from last year propels the Raiders. McCreary will start to build a lead after half, Mercer will panic, start forcing shots, and McCreary will stroll away.

 

I expect the same thing.....Mercer is definitely a different team than the one that beat McCreary on December 1. I just wouldn't be surprised if they actually get it together and do what it takes to beat McCreary.

  • Author
I expect the same thing.....Mercer is definitely a different team than the one that beat McCreary on December 1. I just wouldn't be surprised if they actually get it together and do what it takes to beat McCreary.

 

It's quite possible. However, I will take McCreary 7/10 times, and hopefully they bring that on Thursday.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.