Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th Region Predictions

Who will win the 13th Region Tournament? 68 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win the 13th Region Tournament?

    • Barbourville
      0%
      0
    • Corbin
      58%
    • Clay County
      16%
    • Harlan County
      2%
    • Bell County
      1%
    • North Laurel
      2%
    • Knox Central
      4%
    • South Laurel
      13%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
I predict Corbin and South Laurel....................................won't meet in the finals this year.

 

So who's not going to make it Corbin or South?:popcorn:

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and it will be great for the students. From what I understand, you have the option of sitting in one of two areas. In the general admission seats that is saved for the students or in the student section behind the basketball goal. They have it set up like Rupp Arena does for the state tournament. Those seats DO have risers, too at The Arena. They have really set things up very nicely at The Arena. North laurel's officials and the Arena's officials should be commended.

 

I am looking forward to seeing how well the tourney comes off. The arena is a super nice facility and since the vote went that way, I hope it is a huge success.

That is the most ridiculous statement I've read in a long time. You can see the action from the seats perfectly fine from any seat in The Arena and you don't need a radio - even though that makes no sense because the radio is going to show you who has the ball:laugh::confused::sssh:

 

The floor seats are on risers as well and there isn't a bad seat in the house. Might as well get used to it, with the money North Laurel has made off this tournament, I don't see the vote ever getting reversed to go back to the high school gyms.:thumb:

I was starting to say this was a good idea until I seen the seats. I guess we will see how many people believes my statement is ridiculous after the first night of games. Every seat is a great seat at the arena.:rolleyes::thumb:

Edited by gold sunrise
Fixing quote

So who's not going to make it Corbin or South?:popcorn:

 

I'll let you know later in the week...........I don't want to influence your prognostications.:lol:

  • Author
I'll let you know later in the week...........I don't want to influence your prognostications.:lol:

 

Have you seen my record? I need the help. :D

Have you seen my record? I need the help. :D

 

Les, don't pick South:thumb:

So who's not going to make it Corbin or South?:popcorn:

 

South will not make it to Rupp this year, Corbin wins by 15 over South in the final.

South will not make it to Rupp this year, Corbin wins by 15 over South in the final.

 

I sure hope your right!!!:D

I would not be shocked to see NL or HC in the finals.

I would not be shocked to see NL or HC in the finals.

 

Same here. While I know that South will be the favorite from their bracket, I think HC or NL could pull the upset. I think the NL vs HC game could be one of the best first round games in the 13th this year. Should be a dandy. NL won the first contest at NL, but HC was without their leading scorer. Should be an excellent game!

I agree with you, but I think the Corbin/Bell Co. game will be dandy also. Maiden is a fantastic player and could give the Hounds fits. I know Corbin is treating Bell with the proper respect because they are plenty capable of pulling the upset.

 

Besides that, look for KC to give SL all they can handle. SL has been very inconsistent this year. If KC can keep Watkins and Gilbert under control (easier said than done) they could make a game of this one too.

I agree with you, but I think the Corbin/Bell Co. game will be dandy also. Maiden is a fantastic player and could give the Hounds fits. I know Corbin is treating Bell with the proper respect because they are plenty capable of pulling the upset.

 

Besides that, look for KC to give SL all they can handle. SL has been very inconsistent this year. If KC can keep Watkins and Gilbert under control (easier said than done) they could make a game of this one too.

 

It would not shock me to see Knox Central beat South Laurel, but they will have to pick it up on the defensive end to have any shot at the win. Corbin got the toughest draw they could have gotten by playing Bell Co. in the first round, a very physical Bobcat team that will give the Hounds a battle. If Corbin is able to survive the first round, then they may be facing the #2 team in the region in Clay Co. in the semifinals if the Tigers can get by Barbourville.

It would not shock me to see Knox Central beat South Laurel, but they will have to pick it up on the defensive end to have any shot at the win. Corbin got the toughest draw they could have gotten by playing Bell Co. in the first round, a very physical Bobcat team that will give the Hounds a battle. If Corbin is able to survive the first round, then they may be facing the #2 team in the region in Clay Co. in the semifinals if the Tigers can get by Barbourville.

 

It seems like KC is prbably playing their best ball of the year and Harlan Co. is coming off a big win. It will be interesting to see how things shake out. Bell Co. IMO will be a tough game for Corbin. We have tough kids that will play hard. And Robbins should be getting healthier the longer it lasts.

If Bell County can make shots, they have a shot to win. I think they match up well with Corbin. Also, depends on how the refs call the game.

Here is my order of best to worst chances of winning the 13th region. Again, JMO

 

1. Corbin

2. Clay

3. South Laurel

4. Harlan Co/North Laurel

6. Knox Central/Bell County

8. Barbourville

 

Bell did have 2 wins over KC, but KC beat them in the district tourney. I see that one as a tossup as well. I know that NL beat Harlan, but I still put that one as a tossup as Harlan did not have their leading scorer for that game. The reason I put NL over KC is that North beat them both times they played this season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.