Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th Region Predictions

Who will win the 13th Region Tournament? 68 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win the 13th Region Tournament?

    • Barbourville
      0%
      0
    • Corbin
      58%
    • Clay County
      16%
    • Harlan County
      2%
    • Bell County
      1%
    • North Laurel
      2%
    • Knox Central
      4%
    • South Laurel
      13%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Here you go ....

 

You've got the favorites

Corbin - Who is undefeated against 13th Region play.

Clay County - Who is hoping to make it back to Rupp after a nine-year absence.

South Laurel - Who has the talent to make a run.

Knox Central - Who has improved tremendously since J. Barger is back.

 

Teams that can pull off upsets

North Laurel - Has a nice draw.

Harlan County - Has a nice draw. Can pull off a win or two.

Bell County - Will be a tall order to beat Corbin.

Barbourville - Will be a tall order to beat Clay.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks good to me.

 

I think both games Thursday are tremendous matchups.

Clay finally got a good draw in the first round even though Barbourville is a well-coached team that could make it interesting if they are hot from the outside. Bell has improved a lot and could give Corbin a much better game than the first time.

Good Assessment Les. I think Clay Co. and Corbin will win their first round games but watch out for a well-coached, scrappy Bell Co. team. With the addition of Bryan Robbins, Bell Co. will give Corbin fits. And how about Madon vs. Johnson, two premier players in the 13th Region going toe to toe on the 13th Region's biggest stage. Clay Co. has a distinct advantage over Barbourville, but don't count out Dinky Phipps who has a couple of nice players in Marsee and Hildebrand. Also, don't forget the "Spurlock Curse" at Clay Co., but if there's ever a year to break the streak of 1st rd. losses, this is the year.

 

On the bottom, Knox Central and South Laurel is a very intriguing matchup with Cody Miller and Matt St. John, two of the best players in the region battling it out for a spot in the semi-finals. I like South Laurel in this one, even though both teams have been extremely inconsistent all year. However, watch out for Broughton, Canady, and Barger. If they shoot well combined with the injuries of South Laurel, Knox Central could easily prevail. Harlan Co. and North Laurel, if this game is anything like the football game between these two, it will be the best first round game of the tournament. Harlan Co. has the experience with four senior starters in Fields, Hogue, Simmons, and Green, but North Laurel has a nice combo themselves with Shears and Wardrup who are two excellent athletes. Both are very well coached ball clubs with Coach Jones at Harlan Co. and Coach Conway at North Laurel and I think this one will come down to the wire with the Black Bears avenging the loss to North Laurel earlier in the year with a victory and a spot in the semis vs. South Laurel on Saturday afternoon.

 

Great matchups all around and it should be an excellent 13th Region Tournament!!!

Remember Corbin beat Clay at Clay by 10 without Manns...I'm no genius but that says something IMO!!!

  • Author

Do you guys think the bigger court will be a factor?

Do you guys think the bigger court will be a factor?

 

Well maybe to the guys who don't like to get up and down the floor!!!:lol:

 

Hey Les, Do you know who the officials with be for the tournement?

Think Corbin will win again this year. I hope so. I wore a Corbin shirt when they played at the State tourney last year. Plan to this year too if they win.:thumb:

Think Corbin will win again this year. I hope so. I wore a Corbin shirt when they played at the State tourney last year. Plan to this year too if they win.:thumb:

 

:ylsuper:

  • Author
Well maybe to the guys who don't like to get up and down the floor!!!:lol:

 

Hey Les, Do you know who the officials with be for the tournement?

 

I believe it's the 14th Region.

I believe it's the 14th Region.

 

Similar to the 13th, so hopefully there won't be any change!!

I believe it's the 14th Region.

 

Les, I just looked at the seating chart for the tournement...Are the student seats elavated?

Les, I just looked at the seating chart for the tournement...Are the student seats elavated?
If you are a B-ball fan you may try and get the seats that are left for 15$. Those are the seats down next to the floor. The 8$ and 9$ seats you may want to bring a radio to see who has the ball (LOL).:popcorn::thumb:

I predict Corbin and South Laurel....................................won't meet in the finals this year.

  • Author
Les, I just looked at the seating chart for the tournement...Are the student seats elavated?

 

Yes, and it will be great for the students. From what I understand, you have the option of sitting in one of two areas. In the general admission seats that is saved for the students or in the student section behind the basketball goal. They have it set up like Rupp Arena does for the state tournament. Those seats DO have risers, too at The Arena. They have really set things up very nicely at The Arena. North laurel's officials and the Arena's officials should be commended.

  • Author
If you are a B-ball fan you may try and get the seats that are left for 15$. Those are the seats down next to the floor. The 8$ and 9$ seats you may want to bring a radio to see who has the ball (LOL).:popcorn::thumb:

 

That is the most ridiculous statement I've read in a long time. You can see the action from the seats perfectly fine from any seat in The Arena and you don't need a radio - even though that makes no sense because the radio is going to show you who has the ball:laugh::confused::sssh:

 

The floor seats are on risers as well and there isn't a bad seat in the house. Might as well get used to it, with the money North Laurel has made off this tournament, I don't see the vote ever getting reversed to go back to the high school gyms.:thumb:

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule 13

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.