Everything posted by Freeport
-
13th Region 2010-11 Boys Basketball- Who's on top?
I should have said 3 to 5. I think without him, Bell County and Knox Central would be 1 and 2.
-
13th Region 2010-11 Boys Basketball- Who's on top?
Is Hooker fully recoverd from his torn ACL? That would make a big difference in them being 1 or 5.
-
13th Region 2010-11 Boys Basketball- Who's on top?
Clay County has talent, so they have a chance to win the region year in and year out just like 2 or 3 other teams do, no matter who coaches them. Not often do we have " cinderellas" in th 13th region. Barbourville is the only team IMO, that a coach does a lot for what he has to choose from. It's probably hard to keep his more talented kids from the bigger schools in the area. I would love to see him at one of the larger schools in the region.
-
13th Region 2010-11 Boys Basketball- Who's on top?
Their young but they have good guards. Either one can hurt you. And if you have good guards; you have a good chance.
-
Harlan County 2010/2011
Harlan County will be a power house year in and year out. Regional championship game 2 years straight and this may be their strongest team yet.
-
Harlan 2010/2011
Harlan is such a small school. Its going to go in cycles, they will be up and down as most small schools are.
-
13th Region 2010-11 Boys Basketball- Who's on top?
Harlan County will be in the top 3 before its said and done.
-
Top teams and players in the 13th
bump
-
Top teams and players in the 13th
Besides Clay County and Harlan County who should we be looking for to compete for a top spot?
-
Ky High School State AAU Tournament
Who did Scott beat in the final? Harlan County should be a regional contender for the next 3yrs.
-
Ky High School State AAU Tournament
Who did they beat? Anybody impressive? Any surprises?
-
Ky High School State AAU Tournament
Anybody have the scores for today?
-
Addais All-Star Game at Perry Central
Were there a lot of college coaches there?
-
Addais All-Star Game at Perry Central
Who played in the senior game? Anybody really impress you?
-
Kentucky/Indiana Allstar team
It should be the best players in the state, no matter what part of the state you are from.
-
Addais All-Star Game at Perry Central
Anybody know how that went?
-
BBA - No Accountability
This is what it boils down to.
-
The Arena @ The David L. Williams Complex in Corbin
I think if a school can host it, they should be allowed to host it. I don't think anybody should be force fed "The Arena." I think its a nice place, but thats my opinion. If I were a casual fan and wanted to see the regional tournament, I would travel to anyplace in the region, as I have done the last 10 years. And, If it's at "The Arena" I will still go. IMO, if HC wants it when its their time they should be able to host it.
-
North Laurel 62 South Laurel 53
I am not shocked, NL plays good defense. I thought that NL or HC could end up in the finals. I think Coach Conway has done a heck of a job the last few years. Congats to NL.
-
South Laurel 54 Knox Central 53
It does make a difference of where they are positioned, if they are making a contact call. I had a better angle than the referee who made the call. I hate to see big guys get punished over very minor contact. That call can be called all game, but isn't. Don't wait until the last two minutes and make that call, be consistent. KC should not have been punished because, they did not take advantage of that situation. Give SL and Coach Wright credit, they played well during that stretch. That's what I like about one and done basketball.
-
South Laurel 54 Knox Central 53
I had a perfect view of the over the back call on KC, and the foul against St. John. They were both horrible calls. You do not decide a game like that on 2 calls like that. To questionable to call that late in the game, let the players earn the win.
-
North Laurel 58 Harlan County 51
Harlan County had it's chances to win. Good effort
-
13th Region Predictions
If Bell County can make shots, they have a shot to win. I think they match up well with Corbin. Also, depends on how the refs call the game.
-
Harlan County 45 Whitley County 32
The Arena is ok, not Rupp or the Expo center in Pikeville. But, its not bad.
-
13th Region Predictions
I would not be shocked to see NL or HC in the finals.