13th region boys draw

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying GRC will be playing on Saturday come Sweet 16 time is dumb? Hmm, OK. Just because I think they were overrated during the season doesn't take away the fact they are a good team and their respective region received a good draw at state. And, just because I pick them to lose games is a good reason to make a statement like that? Sorry, but opinions are allowed just like yours is too, but I sure don't let it ruin my day. :sssh::ylsuper::lol:

Saying GRC will be playing on Saturday come Sweet 16 time is dumb? Hmm, OK. Just because I think they were overrated during the season doesn't take away the fact they are a good team and their respective region received a good draw at state. And, just because I pick them to lose games is a good reason to make a statement like that? Sorry, but opinions are allowed just like yours is too, but I sure don't let it ruin my day. :sssh::ylsuper::lol:

You're the man! :thumb:

As is the case every year at Regional time...I am amused by the good draw-bad draw scenarios. I have watched the 13th Region for 28 years now and I have to say that the draw means very little. Excluding Clay Co.'s dominance until the early 90s any team can win it. I think that you have 3 teams that are better than the other 5, but with that said any of those 5 is capable of an upset.

Bell has a shot but I think Corbin is just too much for them. I've not watched Corbin this year but do know that Mann's is good enough of a player to make a big difference. If Corbin beat Clay this year without him, I think him playing helps Corbin even more. I'd not be surprised with a Clay upset but I'm going with the Hounds. They have been there.

As for the bottom bracket, South is obviously the favorite but Central is not a cake walk. KC hasn't been as good as they should have been this year but Miller is still Miller. If South isn't hitting from deep and Coach Evans has Miller going to the bucket on a regular basis, this could draw some fouls on the big man for South. If St. John gets into foul trouble, I think Central could pull the upset. North and HC should be a dandy of a game. I don't think either team has too good of a chance to make the finals but that's why they play the game.

At the end of the day, I think it will wind up being Corbin vs. South Laurel yet again. Corbin is the better team but it's very hard to beat a rival 4 times in a season. It's especially hard when it's a team as good as South and with Steve Wright roaming the sidelines. Honestly, I'm afraid South will unfortunately return to rupp if I was going with my gut. I've ate some spicy food for supper so I'm disregarding my gut and going with my head. Corbin goes to Rupp to face Billy Hicks and the Scott County Cardinals.

As is the case every year at Regional time...I am amused by the good draw-bad draw scenarios. I have watched the 13th Region for 28 years now and I have to say that the draw means very little. Excluding Clay Co.'s dominance until the early 90s any team can win it. I think that you have 3 teams that are better than the other 5, but with that said any of those 5 is capable of an upset.

Good post.