Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic/ Highlands Predictions

Featured Replies

A small handful of good seniors, a couple of very good seniors, and one that I felt would be an early D1 commit...overall, not a strong senior class at all and nowhere one of the best ever, but your loyalty is admirable. The underclassmen in this area have been the dominant player's overall this season.

 

As for the game, I am so glad it's on a neutral floor so neither team has that edge. It's a nasty (in a good way) rivalry and one team's season is going to end way too soon...and some classy HS seniors' careers will also be over prematurely...and that stinks as well. I hope the key players have the opportunity to play the entire 32 minutes.

 

I'll take NCC in a dogfight with their press, Bird TO's, being a big factor.

 

I would definately agree the most dominate player in the region has been an underclassman. After that though I would not agree. There are a few that lead their teams in scoring, but that doesn't always mean you are dominant. It takes leadership and contributing in all areas of the game to be dominate. There is only one team in the region with a legit chance of winning it that is lead by majority of underclassmen.

That being said, I agree with sweeperboy lets keep it on the game. I disagree with his prediction though. I believe D will once again rule the day. NCC pressure should be able to rattle HHS as long as they stay ot of foul trouble. These two teams Bring alot of emotion into regular games and this is no regular game. the team that controls their emotions the best should be able to survive. Edge NCC with Ron Dawn keeping them focused.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breds win both boys and girls. No one to match with Geisler and I always put money on Dawn in the tourney.

 

This very well may happen. If it does, you know what that means in Ft.Thomas. Monday=Spring Football. Hmmm, wonder if the field is ready?

 

For what it's worth, I see the Birds pulling both out. And football put on hold for awhile.

I would definately agree the most dominate player in the region has been an underclassman. After that though I would not agree. There are a few that lead their teams in scoring, but that doesn't always mean you are dominant. It takes leadership and contributing in all areas of the game to be dominate. There is only one team in the region with a legit chance of winning it that is lead by majority of underclassmen.

That being said, I agree with sweeperboy lets keep it on the game. I disagree with his prediction though. I believe D will once again rule the day. NCC pressure should be able to rattle HHS as long as they stay ot of foul trouble. These two teams Bring alot of emotion into regular games and this is no regular game. the team that controls their emotions the best should be able to survive. Edge NCC with Ron Dawn keeping them focused.

 

I referred to all of NKY which has a minimum of 5 D1 player's coming up, IMO. According to the prep sports site, the underclassmen have 4 of the top 5 player's in every statistical category...so we'll agree to disagree. However, I did count your favorite player as one of the strong seniors. :)

 

Good luck tomorrow!

I like NCC in a squeaker. What a shame they both won't be in the Region Tourney.

I referred to all of NKY which has a minimum of 5 D1 player's coming up, IMO. According to the prep sports site, the underclassmen have 4 of the top 5 player's in every statistical category...so we'll agree to disagree. However, I did count your favorite player as one of the strong seniors. :)

 

Good luck tomorrow!

 

My bad I misundertood. Then I would say 2 dominant underclassmen and a very good group right behind them. I'm not sure about 4-5 D1 players but it is possible we'll have to see how they develop. As far as leading statistically that can be deceptive also. NCC girls get very little playing time against weaker comp. In most games against the likes of Holmes and lloyd, Ludlow, and many others, they play 1quarter or 2 max. While at some of the other schools the girls are in longer, putting up big numbers. I know of 2 girls in the last couple weaks that scored 48 and 26 points against Holmes in that game NCC girls played less than a half up 45 to 8 at half. I know everybody has blowouts but Ron tends to Pull the girls quickly when up big.

Still I'm not sure I've heard your prediction for the game.

Edited by MARIAHNCC2009

My bad I misundertood. Then I would say 2 dominant underclassmen and a very good grood right behind them. I'm not sure about 4-5 D1 players but it is possible we'll have to see how they develop. As far as leading statistically that can be deceptive also. NCC girls get very little playing time against weaker comp. In most games against the likes of Holmes and lloyd, Ludlow, and many others, they play 1quarter or 2 max. While at some of the other schools the girls are in longer, putting up big numbers. I know of 2 girls in the last couple weaks that scored 48 and 26 points against Holmes in that game NCC girls played less than a half up 45 to 8 at half. I know everybody has blowouts but Ron tends to Pull the girls quickly when up big.

Still I'm not sure I've heard your prediction for the game.

 

You didn't read my posts closely my friend...I said above "I'll take NCC in a dogfight with their press, Bird TO's, being a big factor". See, we finally agreed on something...how bout that!

I would definately agree the most dominate player in the region has been an underclassman. After that though I would not agree. There are a few that lead their teams in scoring, but that doesn't always mean you are dominant. It takes leadership and contributing in all areas of the game to be dominate. There is only one team in the region with a legit chance of winning it that is lead by majority of underclassmen.

That being said, I agree with sweeperboy lets keep it on the game. I disagree with his prediction though. I believe D will once again rule the day. NCC pressure should be able to rattle HHS as long as they stay ot of foul trouble. These two teams Bring alot of emotion into regular games and this is no regular game. the team that controls their emotions the best should be able to survive. Edge NCC with Ron Dawn keeping them focused.

 

Yeah, but who is going to keep Ronnie calm and focused? :banana: He brings so much emotion to the game that I hope the fans dont sell themselves short and miss one heck of a war.

 

On another note though, NCC definately has the big advantage in this game this time around with Highlands having one starter in Hope Cutter out and 6th man Ava Abner also on the injured reserve as well. Highlands is going to need some younger girls to step in and contribute the best that they can in order for the Birds to pull the upset of the tournament. Go Birds, 20n10

I heard Cutter was in a boot for the Scott game and didnt play. I was at the SK game and she was in a boot and didnt play. Abner did take a shot in the SK game and didnt return, I can say it didnt look good. Hate to hear that it wont be a battle, looks like the All A State Champs will win easy.

  • Author
I heard Cutter was in a boot for the Scott game and didnt play. I was at the SK game and she was in a boot and didnt play. Abner did take a shot in the SK game and didnt return, I can say it didnt look good. Hate to hear that it wont be a battle, looks like the All A State Champs will win easy.

 

Breds will not win easy i do not think. Anytime these 2 teams square off it is always a dogfight.

Breds will not win easy i do not think. Anytime these 2 teams square off it is always a dogfight.
I agree this one will go down to the wire .
Breds will not win easy i do not think. Anytime these 2 teams square off it is always a dogfight.

 

Well, your right about the dogfight. But the bottom line is it all boils down to athletes. And without two starters, the playin field starts to get uneven real quick. I just hope the Birds can keep it close and hang in there with the limited players available. :thumb:20n10

I like NCC in a squeaker. What a shame they both won't be in the Region Tourney.

 

Really, REALLY a shame that one of them must sit out the regional! Both teams have been in the top 25 in the state much of the year! So, what other team is likely to go on from that district?

Well, your right about the dogfight. But the bottom line is it all boils down to athletes. And without two starters, the playin field starts to get uneven real quick. I just hope the Birds can keep it close and hang in there with the limited players available. :thumb:20n10

 

For the past 3-4yrs they have probably had the deepest bench in the region...

 

They will need some unsung heros to step up or the guards will run out of gas against the press.

Well, your right about the dogfight. But the bottom line is it all boils down to athletes. And without two starters, the playin field starts to get uneven real quick. I just hope the Birds can keep it close and hang in there with the limited players available. :thumb:20n10

 

Interesting. I would check your sources about who is playing and who is not playing.

Interesting. I would check your sources about who is playing and who is not playing.

 

Do you know something the rest of us don't.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.