Newport Central Catholic/ Highlands Predictions

NCC06

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, this will be a battle of the two best programs in the 36th and maybe 2 of the best 4 in the region. Too bad someone will have to go home. Should be a great crowd, girls game following the boys war that will take place at 6pm. Not sure about the Highlands fans, but I know NCC will not move an inch when it comes to their fan base coming or leaving. NCC will be out in full force and looking for a double win on Wed nite. NCC doesnt want to hear this but of course I am going to be a homer here and say Birds boys win at the buzzer and Birds girls win by 6. I hope the Highlands fans stick together on this night and support both programs. I know I will. Go Birds, 20n10

I can not pick one over the other. I just hope the best team wins. There are some great seniors on both sides that deserve to be in the Regional tournament. It will be a shame to see the loser go home. Very unfortunate circumstance.

I agree 2 great programs. i wil pick ncc by 3. Not to take anyting away from this but has anyone stepped back and really looked at this senior class from all over this area trully 1 of the best classes to ever play girls basketball good luck with great futures the class of 2010 girls basketball, you have trully entertained us all.

I agree 2 great programs. i wil pick ncc by 3. Not to take anyting away from this but has anyone stepped back and really looked at this senior class from all over this area trully 1 of the best classes to ever play girls basketball good luck with great futures the class of 2010 girls basketball, you have trully entertained us all.

Last year's senior class was pretty awesome as well.

And so was the Sr class before that. Come on. Back to the game.

Birds will have to pound it inside to Towles to loosen up the perimeter if they want to pull the upset off. Yes, upset. After NCC winning the All A State Championship earlier this month, my prediction is anybody that beats NCC from here on out in the Region becomes an upset. Should be a great battle of the big girls inside between Towles and Tabor. Both have a tendency to get nasty in a good way.

A small handful of good seniors, a couple of very good seniors, and one that I felt would be an early D1 commit...overall, not a strong senior class at all and nowhere one of the best ever, but your loyalty is admirable. The underclassmen in this area have been the dominant player's overall this season.

As for the game, I am so glad it's on a neutral floor so neither team has that edge. It's a nasty (in a good way) rivalry and one team's season is going to end way too soon...and some classy HS seniors' careers will also be over prematurely...and that stinks as well. I hope the key players have the opportunity to play the entire 32 minutes.

I'll take NCC in a dogfight with their press, Bird TO's, being a big factor.