Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tradition Unequaled

Featured Replies

You would think the streak has to end sometime but it just keeps going.

 

It will be very difficult for someone to ever beat St. X. With their tradition and the number of swimmers they have, it will take another big school with a lot of swimmers to beat them. Team numbers and depth are big factors in swimming. St. X had one swimmer win an individual championship but in almost every event they had multiple swimmers scoring points with a few of the events where all 4 of their swimmers scored points. Beechwood took first in 5 of the 12 events and finished in the top 3 in 3 other events. So they had a top 3 finisher in 8 of the 12 events with 5 firsts and still finished 130 points behind St. X because of not enough numbers of good swimmers. Maybe Trinity can catch them some year? I am not sure who else has a chance.

It will be very difficult for someone to ever beat St. X. With their tradition and the number of swimmers they have, it will take another big school with a lot of swimmers to beat them. Team numbers and depth are big factors in swimming. St. X had one swimmer win an individual championship but in almost every event they had multiple swimmers scoring points with a few of the events where all 4 of their swimmers scored points. Beechwood took first in 5 of the 12 events and finished in the top 3 in 3 other events. So they had a top 3 finisher in 8 of the 12 events with 5 firsts and still finished 130 points behind St. X because of not enough numbers of good swimmers. Maybe Trinity can catch them some year? I am not sure who else has a chance.

 

That will be difficult. We swim like Rocks. :D Just kidding! :p But, it would still be difficult. Lots of Lakeside swimmers wind up @ X. As well, with their own pool, I'm sure it's easier to attract those swimmers year in and year out.

Brandenburg also won two individual titles and led her relay teams to two top 6 finishes, so it isn't like she didn't have a great meet. However, Williamson was deserving as well and very impressive. Don't they use some kind of point system to help decide this? I am not sure if it is decided completely by the coaches and judges or how they decide it. Maybe someone who knows can help us out. Regardless, congrats to both ladies on outstanding performances.

 

This is what I understood from those that were there. Krissie and Ellen both had very similar power point numbers for the meet. Krissie is a very well-known USS (United States Swimming) swimmer in the state of Kentucky. All the coaches, many of whom are also USS coaches, know her and watch her year round. The NDA swimmers, including Ellen, generally do not do Kentucky USS meets. Therefore, when it came time for the coaches to name the Outstanding Female Competitior, they voted for the "Kentucky" girl. Maybe not entirely fair, but just the way it goes. It is too bad they couldn't have been named co-winners.

Not being a follower of swimming, I don't know if the outstanding competitor awards are "objective" or "subjective".

 

I've seen track meets where these awards are simply a function of points produced in the meet.

Not being a follower of swimming, I don't know if the outstanding competitor awards are "objective" or "subjective".

 

I've seen track meets where these awards are simply a function of points produced in the meet.

 

High point awards are always objective, in the case of a tie there are two awards. In this state meet, with two swimmers having the same points, then it is subjective.

delete

Edited by Beechwoodfan

All I can say is that the behavior of certain NDA parents and athletes at the meet pretty much ruined what should have been the best night of a young athelte's high school career. I hope that makes you happy.

All I can say is that the behavior of certain NDA parents and athletes at the meet pretty much ruined what should have been the best night of a young athelte's high school career. I hope that makes you happy.

 

I imagine the clock/touchpad malfunction in the backstroke fueled the fires of disgruntlement for the NDA fans also. It was clear Brandenburg won the race but somehow the final clock showed her a second behind Forman from NDA. Excellent job by the officials correcting that situation. It's unfortunate that passion sometimes gets in the way of judgment in our sports and supporting our teams. I would encourage the NDA supporters to look ahead because their team is going to be awesome the next couple of years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.