Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

USF 72 Georgetown 64

Featured Replies

I'm wondering if the Big East might be overrated after Syracuse, WVU and Villanova. Or is it just parity? These three (not so sure about WVU) seem to be much better than the other 13 teams. If the prognosticators say UL is on the bubble, what does that say about getting other league teams into the tournament?

 

I wouldn't say those 3 are a lot better. UofL blew big leads to Nova and WVU. I didn't come away from those games thinking those teams were a lot better at all. I'd say it's parity. The conference is getting deeper. Some of the teams that have been in the back of the pack are getting better.

 

USF is a solid club, I don't think that signals that the conference is overrated. I think it just mean USF is good this year. I think there is going to be a lot of moving up and down in the Big East this year. A lot of teams battling for the 7 or 8 spots that the conference will get in the tourny. The scary thing about USF is that their best post player isn't even playing yet.

I agree that the heretofore "bottom feeders"in the league are better and have closed the gap between them and the "elite." I'm just curious that if (hypothetically) UL is in the 4 -8 range in the league and UL is on the bubble even with that status, then how many teams will get in? If you look at the 4 -8 range in the other conferences, then I guess the Big East still looks pretty good, however.

I agree that the heretofore "bottom feeders"in the league are better and have closed the gap between them and the "elite." I'm just curious that if (hypothetically) UL is in the 4 -8 range in the league and UL is on the bubble even with that status, then how many teams will get in? If you look at the 4 -8 range in the other conferences, then I guess the Big East still looks pretty good, however.

 

I think it will play itself out. Basically, finish over .500 in the Big East and you'll get in.

If having 3 very good teams and 11 more above average teams makes you overrated, sure. Is SEC football overrated because one of the large group of above average teams jumps up and knocks off a very good team here and there while all of the above average teams take turns beating up on each other???

 

The two conferences are very comparable, IMO. The only difference thus far is the post-season...the SEC has won 4 consecutive championships and the Big East has yet to break through. But, you can't make an apples to apples comparison when one sport crowns a true champion and the other doesn't. If the same system were in place for college hoops, the Big East champion would frequently be one of the two finalists. Take this season for instance...we'd likely be looking at Syracuse/Villanova vs. Kansas. A team like UK would be left out due to schedule strength.

If having 3 very good teams and 11 more above average teams makes you overrated, sure. Is SEC football overrated because one of the large group of above average teams jumps up and knocks off a very good team here and there while all of the above average teams take turns beating up on each other???

 

It's kind of like the argument against the SEC football this season. Everyone agreed that it was the best, but how much better than everyone else is it? I think you could draw a lot of parallels to the SEC in football and Big East in basketball.

It's kind of like the argument against the SEC football this season. Everyone agreed that it was the best, but how much better than everyone else is it? I think you could draw a lot of parallels to the SEC in football and Big East in basketball.

 

:thumb:

It's kind of like the argument against the SEC football this season. Everyone agreed that it was the best, but how much better than everyone else is it? I think you could draw a lot of parallels to the SEC in football and Big East in basketball.

 

Another similarity is that the Big 12 is the second place conference...:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.