Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath/Ashland Predictions

Featured Replies

Who wins this semi-finals of the Ashland Invitational Tournament. You can listen to this game on CovCath Internet Radio, brought to you by none other than Bishop Brossart's Dave Schabel and Frank Niemeyer.

I assume you saw both teams yesterday, what are your thoughts on the game?

I saw both. I think it will be very close. CC has a length advantage. I think Ashland has a definite advantage in the backcourt. Should be a great game.

  • Author
I assume you saw both teams yesterday, what are your thoughts on the game?

Nope, I'm going to have to defer as I did not make the trip, but am enjoying my two little ones home from college. Dave Schabel and Frank Niemeyer will be doing the game for us, and the CovCath faithful are very grateful to them. I followed the game on an oniline webcast of stats, and CovCath played the best game they've played in years. Thelen is a beast scoring 38, Wilson had 18 and Wellbrock 15. Ashland likes to push the ball up the floor and run and gun. I'd have to give Ashland the nod on their home floor, but this should be a great game. A Brossart/CovCath finals could happen as the Mustangs play Mason County at 7:00 and CovCath/Ashland starts around 8:30-8:45 time frame.

I like the Colonels in this game.

 

I think their size and length down low will be the difference and Ashland will struggle against the Colonels pressure.

 

Covcath by around 10....give or take a few.

I like the Colonels in this game.

 

I think their size and length down low will be the difference and Ashland will struggle against the Colonels pressure.

 

Covcath by around 10....give or take a few.

Disagree here. They may struggle with their length, but I doubt that they struggle with their pressure. As a matter of fact, I'll guess that CovCath may struggle with Ashland's pressure. Ashland is full of guards.
Disagree here. They may struggle with their length, but I doubt that they struggle with their pressure. As a matter of fact, I'll guess that CovCath may struggle with Ashland's pressure. Ashland is full of guards.

 

I haven't seen Ashland so you may be right. I think Covcath will try to pund the ball inside though to Thelen and Wellbrock and make this a half court game. If the Colonels do this, I can see Ashland struggling.

 

Defensively, Coach L will play a lot of guys and try to apply pressure throughout the whole game.

Thelen is absolutely becoming a scoring machine. Who are the Ashland guards that are so good?

Fun matchup all the way around with many subplots. The inside play of CovCath against the guard play of Ashland. Biggs being a CovCath grad coaching against his former school.

 

I think it comes down to how well CovCath handles Corey Gregg. If they can contain him and shoot a decent percentage on free throws, I'll take the Colonels. Of course, a Ashland win in the AIT would not be too surprising either.

Ashland on their home floor but if Cov Cath can break the press the bigs for Cov Cath can have a field day and they can come out on top.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.