Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oldham County leads the 8th region in scoring!!!

Featured Replies

We're all proud of "our" schools. Disappointing to see some of the other schools who've enjoyed more recent success piling onto a fan - and the team (read: the kids) - of another school who is celebrating a small modicum of success as that team tries to reclaim past glories.

 

The posts might as well call out the kids by name for public humiliation.

 

I've seen Oldham, and retropop is right. The team may well be ahead of schedule in terms of their re-building effort under new coach Mullins. They're young, yet they've already shown they can score a lot of points. Usually young teams learning new systems pick up the defense first and offense later... Defense will come, but expect Oldham to give up more points than many just because the opposition will always get more possessions against Oldham because of the up-tempo style of play.

 

Will Mullins get the defense in shape this year? Maybe not. Will Oldham contend for the region title? This year, everyone is in contention in the 8th. It's just a shame some feel the need to tear down kids in a public forum. It's not like the 8th region posts I've seen in the past on this forum...

 

We should all be excited about the girls' 8th this year. It's setting up to be a fantastic region tournament, with terrific battles in the various districts leading up to the tourney at SK. Regardless of how these teams measure up against the state's elite this year, the fans of the 8th are being treated to a deliriously delightful season. On any given night... :popcorn:

We're all proud of "our" schools. Disappointing to see some of the other schools who've enjoyed more recent success piling onto a fan - and the team (read: the kids) - of another school who is celebrating a small modicum of success as that team tries to reclaim past glories.

 

The posts might as well call out the kids by name for public humiliation.

 

I've seen Oldham, and retropop is right. The team may well be ahead of schedule in terms of their re-building effort under new coach Mullins. They're young, yet they've already shown they can score a lot of points. Usually young teams learning new systems pick up the defense first and offense later... Defense will come, but expect Oldham to give up more points than many just because the opposition will always get more possessions against Oldham because of the up-tempo style of play.

 

 

 

Will Mullins get the defense in shape this year? Maybe not. Will Oldham contend for the region title? This year, everyone is in contention in the 8th. It's just a shame some feel the need to tear down kids in a public forum. It's not like the 8th region posts I've seen in the past on this forum...

 

We should all be excited about the girls' 8th this year. It's setting up to be a fantastic region tournament, with terrific battles in the various districts leading up to the tourney at SK. Regardless of how these teams measure up against the state's elite this year, the fans of the 8th are being treated to a deliriously delightful season. On any given night... :popcorn:

 

Col.

 

You are correct ! I apologize. You only get to see your kids through this once! Like a senior football official told me when I first started..."No matter where you are on Friday Night, it is the most important game of the night for everyone there." :isurrender:

Col.

 

You are correct ! I apologize. You only get to see your kids through this once! Like a senior football official told me when I first started..."No matter where you are on Friday Night, it is the most important game of the night for everyone there." :isurrender:

 

That official couldn't have spoken truer words!!

 

I love reading the excited posts from the parents/fans/students of each school...and this year, the fans of the 8th have so much to be excited about!

We're all proud of "our" schools. Disappointing to see some of the other schools who've enjoyed more recent success piling onto a fan - and the team (read: the kids) - of another school who is celebrating a small modicum of success as that team tries to reclaim past glories.

 

The posts might as well call out the kids by name for public humiliation.

 

I've seen Oldham, and retropop is right. The team may well be ahead of schedule in terms of their re-building effort under new coach Mullins. They're young, yet they've already shown they can score a lot of points. Usually young teams learning new systems pick up the defense first and offense later... Defense will come, but expect Oldham to give up more points than many just because the opposition will always get more possessions against Oldham because of the up-tempo style of play.

 

Will Mullins get the defense in shape this year? Maybe not. Will Oldham contend for the region title? This year, everyone is in contention in the 8th. It's just a shame some feel the need to tear down kids in a public forum. It's not like the 8th region posts I've seen in the past on this forum...

 

We should all be excited about the girls' 8th this year. It's setting up to be a fantastic region tournament, with terrific battles in the various districts leading up to the tourney at SK. Regardless of how these teams measure up against the state's elite this year, the fans of the 8th are being treated to a deliriously delightful season. On any given night... :popcorn:

 

 

Im sorry if I offended anyone. I just didn't see the point in celebrating the fact that you're scoring a lot, if you are getting outscored.

 

What college team was it that scored like 150 points a game years back. Loyola Marimount or something like that??

Im sorry if I offended anyone. I just didn't see the point in celebrating the fact that you're scoring a lot, if you are getting outscored.

 

What college team was it that scored like 150 points a game years back. Loyola Marimount or something like that??

 

Loyola Marymount it was. I think Paul Westphal was the coach...

 

I don't mean to put words in anyone else's mouth (Sportster), but I think it's always reason to celebrate if you're a team that's been struggling to put points on the board and that now is putting up a lot...certainly, Oldham hasn't put together all the pieces to the puzzle yet, but there's certainly something to note about what the Lady Colonels are doing. Especially when you keep in mind that Emily Lape hasn't started a game for the Lady Colonels yet and hasn't played at all in some of their games - and Lape was pretty much a consensus top-5 player in the region.

 

From what I've seen of the region, everyone has question marks this year...

 

My point was simply that a lot of folks read this bulletin board - including players. Lots of them celebrate/cheer/exult/pound their chests regarding their team on this bulletin board. I've seen lots of folks question assertions put forward by fans of other teams, but I've never seen open ridicule.

 

I was contacted by the family of one of the best players in the girls' 8th region earlier this year after the young lady read some of my comments in the off-season about her. Fortunately, my comments were not derogatory, but I had indicated that - although the young lady was tremendously talented - I felt she needed to round out her game. I was both humbled and pleased to hear from her mother that the young lady had taken the comments in the spirit in which they were intended and had "taken to the gym" to "round out her game."

 

But that incident has caused me re-think every post I make on this bulletin board, and it caused me to "raise the alarm" on this thread. I doubt anyone meant any offense, but we never know who's reading these posts, and frankly, the above posts came across as ridiculing the efforts of the Lady Colonels.

 

(Besides, any coach will tell you it's not wise to put down a team in December...)

 

The 8th region is so incredibly young this year, trashing a team for December shortcomings may well come back to bite folks later on...

Amen, Col. Mike regarding the December performances of teams. Ironing out the kinks, testing the waters, experimental lineup combinations, etc. - that is really what December games are all about. January certainly will begin the period of time when the competitive waters become less mirky and less muddy. By the time February rolls around, a somewhat more clear pecking order in the 8th will no doubt be unveiled. Still, my prediction is that NO clear-cut and prohibitive favorite will exist in the 8th region this season. The region tourney will, I predict this early, have some Cinderella plot lines that have yet to be written. Just wait and see ... and you heard it here first!

 

... HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, BLUEGRASSPREPSTERS - ONE AND ALL!!!

Amen, Col. Mike regarding the December performances of teams. Ironing out the kinks, testing the waters, experimental lineup combinations, etc. - that is really what December games are all about. January certainly will begin the period of time when the competitive waters become less mirky and less muddy. By the time February rolls around, a somewhat more clear pecking order in the 8th will no doubt be unveiled. Still, my prediction is that NO clear-cut and prohibitive favorite will exist in the 8th region this season. The region tourney will, I predict this early, have some Cinderella plot lines that have yet to be written. Just wait and see ... and you heard it here first!

 

... HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, BLUEGRASSPREPSTERS - ONE AND ALL!!!

 

 

I agree..it is hard to judge there are so many injuries etc. It will be very interesting after the first of the year!

 

Merry Christmas.!

Why is Lape not playing ? Injured? Or is it the offense style? I also thought she was a top 10 pre-season player in the 8th.

She played against Carroll..and Gallatin.

 

However..2 of their best players did not.

  • Author
She played against Carroll..and Gallatin.

 

However..2 of their best players did not.

 

 

Lape is back, she scored 27 against Gallatin and 14 against Carroll.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.