Walton Verona 48 Carroll County 45 OT

The question is can Walton Verona handle the ball against the pressure that Simon Kenton will apply. Dixon and Sandlin will have to move away from the basket to help the guards handle that pressure. IBoth teams will play man to man defense. It should be a great game and maybe now is the time for Walton Verona to win one.

Any one have individual stats from the game?

Walton Verona 48, Carroll County 45

Walton Verona (5-0) - Warren 1 0 2, Slavey 5 1 14, Hoffa 1 2 4, Ginn 2 2 8, Dixon 3 5 11, Sandlin 4 1 9, Totals 16 11 48

Carroll County (2-1) - Brindley 1 0 2, Devine 10 5 30, Goff 1 0 2, Osborne 1 1 3, Curry 1 0 2, Hunter 2 1 6, Totals 16 7 45

I do agree that they need to be competitive. Plus let me clarify I like ready the rankings on BGP.[/QUOTE]

The overall rankings, I assume?? The regional rankings haven't been posted for the girls yet... if they don't get posted soon, they're going to be "mid-season rankings"....

Walton is fighting the injury bug right now. Clinkenbeard did not play (back) and Judy played very little and is having surgery on Friday (knee) and will be out for 4-6 weeks. It really shortened their rotations tonight. Plus they looked a little leg weary at times (5 games in 7 days).

Walton was a head by 7 with 2 minutes to go with the ball and got a little impatient. Divine hits some really pressure shots (she had 30 I believe). Carroll County is well coached and the 2 3 zone they played really slowed the tempo down to their liking. Speaking of coach Mefford, not only is he an excellent coach, he is a class act. Walton played Carroll on Carroll's senior night last year and not only did he honor his own seniors but he recognized Walton's two seniors during the pre game ceremonies. (I thought that was very classy)

This was a game Walton needed to play this early in the year. It exposed some weaknesses that they will need to address. It will very interesting when these two play in the All A.

You only get 28 games for the season this was number 5 in 7 days Walton will be doing a lot of sitting in Feb if they go very far in the Class A. (you get 2 counting for 4 in tournaments twice during the regular season for a total of 30)