St.Henry/Brossart (Prediction)

Not sure what Brossart has coming back but this game will be a big test for both teams.

I would expect Brossart to have a better scouting report on St. Henry than St. Henry on Brossart due to the fact that St. Henry scrimmaged the other Code brother at SK a couple weeks ago.

I think St. Henry is going to struggle offensivly for a few weeks, so if the score is low it won't be just because Brossarts defense is dominant. It will be mostly because St Henry is replacing 9 seniors from last year.

I've heard St. Henry doesn't have much size. Jake Rieger will be tough for them to stop and will probably be the difference. Also, the 10th region refs.:laugh:

I can agree with the Refs comment. As much as some of us in the 9th complain about our refs, everytime I go to watch a game at Brossart or Campbell Co I leave there thinking that was one of the worst ref'd games I've seen. Hopefully I've just had bad luck and that changes tonight.

As for the height difference. I think for the past 4yrs St. Henry has had zero height or been out sized. The differnce won't be the height its going to be the talent and execution. I think its going to take this Crusader team a few weeks before they start to gell.

I think this will be a great JV matchup. St. Henry has a nice set of JV players and I think I've heard Brossart does too. Both have a couple freshman that will see some time also in Meiman and Sully??? I believe?

I can agree with the Refs comment. As much as some of us in the 9th complain about our refs, everytime I go to watch a game at Brossart or Campbell Co I leave there thinking that was one of the worst ref'd games I've seen. Hopefully I've just had bad luck and that changes tonight.

As for the height difference. I think for the past 4yrs St. Henry has had zero height or been out sized. The differnce won't be the height its going to be the talent and execution. I think its going to take this Crusader team a few weeks before they start to gell.

I think this will be a great JV matchup. St. Henry has a nice set of JV players and I think I've heard Brossart does too. Both have a couple freshman that will see some time also in Meiman and Sully??? I believe?

Disagree about "the worst ref'd games I've seen" comment. Different than the 9th--Yes, but then the 9th tends to be different than the rest of the state. Bluegrass Assn. officials tend to allow a much more physical game (like most of the state), while 9th tends to be more touchey-feeley and call tons of hand checks. This hurts the 9th teams when they go downstate in many folks opinions.

Regarding the other games, Brossart gained the sweep winning the Freshmen and JV games handily as well.

Disagree about "the worst ref'd games I've seen" comment. Different than the 9th--Yes, but then the 9th tends to be different than the rest of the state. Bluegrass Assn. officials tend to allow a much more physical game (like most of the state), while 9th tends to be more touchey-feeley and call tons of hand checks. This hurts the 9th teams when they go downstate in many folks opinions.

Regarding the other games, Brossart gained the sweep winning the Freshmen and JV games handily as well.

I would think Holmes has changed this thinking with the run they have been on the last few years.