November 26, 200916 yr I would never consider Brett Favre as the number 1, but he is having a great year. I lot of quarterbacks could have a great year with Adrian Peterson in their backfield. His threat totally opens up the field for Brett Favre. I know Peterson is a help, but you still have to look at Brett historically. He has always had the "gunslinger" mentality. Even when he won the Superbowl, he wasn't as efficient as he is now.
November 26, 200916 yr Guys we are talking about THIS year. 21 TD' and 3 picks, is the top player right now for me.
November 26, 200916 yr You have a rookie QB who is not top 5 yet. TJ is an average WR, Caldwell doesn't get enough catches.
November 26, 200916 yr QB's: 1. Peyton Manning 2. Tom Brady 3. Drew Brees 4. Carson Palmer 5. Ben Roethlisberger/Eli Manning/Matt Ryan RB's 1. Adrian Peterson 2. Chris Johnson 3. Maurice Jones-Drew 4. Frank Gore 5. Cedric Benson WR's 1.Larry Fitzgerald 2.Randy Moss 3.Andre Johnson 4.Reggie Wayne 5.Marques Colston/Wes Welker
November 26, 200916 yr QB: 1. Peyton 2. Brees 3. Brady 4. Favre 5. Rivers RB: 1. AP 2. C. Johnson 3. MJD 4. S. Jackson 5. M. Turner I think D. Williams could be argued here but I'm not positive he's the best RB on his team. When Stewart finally gets healthy that is going to be one heck of a backfield! Forte had an amazing year last year but hasn't been good this year! Ronnie Brown is a stud but can't stay healthy. Gore is the same way. WR: 1. A. Johnson 2. Fitz 3. Wayne 4. Calvin Johnson 5. R. Moss I think Steve Smith, Colston, V. Jackson, Welker, Marshall and a few others could be put in Mosses spot at #5.
November 26, 200916 yr QB's: 1. Peyton Manning 2. Tom Brady 3. Drew Brees 4. Carson Palmer 5. Ben Roethlisberger/Eli Manning/Matt Ryan RB's 1. Adrian Peterson 2. Chris Johnson 3. Maurice Jones-Drew 4. Frank Gore 5. Cedric Benson WR's 1.Larry Fitzgerald 2.Randy Moss 3.Andre Johnson 4.Reggie Wayne 5.Marques Colston/Wes Welker This is the one I agree with, almost completely. I might put someone like Steven Jackson in the RB and take out Benson.
November 27, 200916 yr QBs 1) Tom Brady 2) Peyton Manning 3) Drew Brees 4) Brett Favre 5) Big Ben RB's 1. Adrian Peterson 2. Chris Johnson 3. Maurice Jones-Drew 4. Cedris Benson 5. Ray Rice(Ronnie Brown, Frank Gore,Micheal Turner if not hurt or been injured) WR: 1. R. Moss 2. R. Wayne 3. A. Johnson 4. Calvin Johnson 5. Larry Fitzgearld (Wes Welker)
November 27, 200916 yr This is the one I agree with, almost completely. I might put someone like Steven Jackson in the RB and take out Benson. Mine is going by this season. If it were best 5 going, Benson wouldn't be in my top 10. But he is having a top-5 season for a running back.
November 27, 200916 yr Why do you not agree with my choices? TJ is good, not top 5. Caldwell is the number 3 receiver on his team. Stafford might be good one day, but he is not even top 15 at this point.
November 27, 200916 yr QB Peyton Manning Tom Brady Drew Brees Bret Favre Ben Roethlisberger RB Adrian Peterson Chris Johnson Maurice Jones-Drew Michael Turner Frank Gore WR Andre Johnson Randy Moss Larry Fitzgerald Reggie Wayne Chad Ochocinco (when he wants to)
November 27, 200916 yr There is no possible way that anyone other than Peyton Manning can be number one. He may end up being the best pure quarterback to ever play the game. Many of you are choosing Brady, most likely because of the Superbowl Rings. If I am basing it off what the OP said, by talent and efficiency alone, there is no one better than Peyton Manning. This year, and perhaps this year only, Brett Favre may be in consideration. This year, I'll agree with you, but overall, there's no way anybody could be number one other than Tom Brady. He's managed to destroy Manning's teams (who had many more weapons on offense) on his way to those superbowl rings.
November 27, 200916 yr Really guys, Drew Brees has just as much of a case at being the best quarterback in the NFL as Manning does. Both have their teams at 10-0.
November 27, 200916 yr Why do you not agree with my choices? Because in terms of talking the top five guys this season, some of your picks just don't have the numbers, wins, performances etc. to solidify them as being top five players. A few people have already given a few good reasons why. I promise its nothing personal though.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.