Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC 67 Vandy 58

Featured Replies

  • Author
Did I say he was a bad teammate? I don't recall saying that. He doesn't play team basketball all the time, but as far as his off the court stuff I don't know about it and could care less. I recall someone saying he was bad news but maybe I'm mistaken:sssh:.

 

 

 

Bum? Don't recall saying that. He's not all he's cracked up to be, and I think unbiasedly most would agree now that they have seen him. It's not the misses for me, it's the style of play. Is he OJ Mayo? Durant? Derrick Rose? No. For all the hoopla around him he really doesn't live up to it, and I don't see how that is far off.

I love how you always work in a "biased" jab at me when talking UC. It's hilarious.

 

So let me get this right. Lance, a NYC legend in his 3rd college game, still has a bit too much of the NYC playground mentality in his offensive game. Glad that is cleared up. Tonight he unselfishly helped the team beat the press, hustled his tail off on D and make some very nice passes in the open court.

 

If you want to talk about dribbling too much, that could go to every guard on the roster when Vandy went 1-2-2 zone. Gates and Toyloy aren't a high post threat and Bishop was on the bench with fouls, and it took the guards a while to adjust to a look they haven't seen yet. Cash, Dixon, Lance and Vaughn (when he wasn't on the bench in foul trouble) all dribbled around too much against the zone.

 

Lance is going to be isolated in NBA style sets and once he gets in a groove he will put up huge games. Why? Because one on one there are very few wings in the country that can stop him. Is he there yet? Nope. But he will be very soon. Write that down...

  • Replies 47
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love how you always work in a "biased" jab at me when talking UC. It's hilarious.

 

So let me get this right. Lance, a NYC legend in his 3rd college game, still has a bit too much of the NYC playground mentality in his offensive game. Glad that is cleared up. Tonight he unselfishly helped the team beat the press, hustled his tail off on D and make some very nice passes in the open court.

 

If you want to talk about dribbling too much, that could go to every guard on the roster when Vandy went 1-2-2 zone. Gates and Toyloy aren't a high post threat and Bishop was on the bench with fouls, and it took the guards a while to adjust to a look they haven't seen yet. Cash, Dixon, Lance and Vaughn (when he wasn't on the bench in foul trouble) all dribbled around too much against the zone.

 

Lance is going to be isolated in NBA style sets and once he gets in a groove he will put up huge games. Why? Because one on one there are very few wings in the country that can stop him. Is he there yet? Nope. But he will be very soon. Write that down...

 

No biased jabs, I really don't have anything against you. We seem to argue alot, but I don't think that it is personal. At least it isn't from me. I think you are little biased when it comes to UC, but so am I when it comes to my teams, and so are most people when talking about their respective favorite teams.

 

He is talented, but "Born Ready"? He's a good player, but I don't think he has future NBA All-Star written all over him. He may prove me wrong. I just don't see it. He isn't athletic at all for an NBA wing IMO, and how tall is he? 6-5? Just not the player that he was hyped to be, but that doesn't mean he isn't good.

 

Just because I don't want him at UK doesn't mean he isn't good. I wouldn't want Tebow in a UK football uniform, but he's good, though that is a very bad comparison obviously. He and the DDM would be a terrible fit IMO. He would just be jacking up shots from all over IMO, from what I've seen of him. Obviously you have seen more of him though.

 

As for wings being able to guard him how many NBA wings has he faced up to this point? How many will he face this season? Legit guys. Starting NBA wings? It's early in the season, but for all the hoopla you'd think he would just dominate. Vandy has a nice team, but with his level of talent no one should be able to stop him from having his way with them.

 

I actually have a family friend that works for the an NBA team's scouting department (I'd tell which one he currently works for but it's kind of an embarrassing team :lol: The Clippers....ugh), when I get back from NYC I'll put in a call and see what he thinks. I'm just not seeing it, but I have been wrong before.

I thought both teams really struggled to run an offense. A lot of passing around the perimeter and shooting the first shot you get. Early season stuff, big win for UC. They look like a tourny team to me.

I thought both teams really struggled to run an offense. A lot of passing around the perimeter and shooting the first shot you get. Early season stuff, big win for UC. They look like a tourny team to me.

 

I really liked a few players on UC's team. I think that RSFr. PG has some talent. I struggle to remember their names because I don't follow them, but it wouldn't shock me to see them in the tourney.

I really liked a few players on UC's team. I think that RSFr. PG has some talent. I struggle to remember their names because I don't follow them, but it wouldn't shock me to see them in the tourney.

 

They have a very good backcourt, I was impressed to see them win without getting much from their star Vaughn. That shows me they've improved a lot. Gates is a good prospect on the block too, they have some potential.

They have a very good backcourt, I was impressed to see them win without getting much from their star Vaughn. That shows me they've improved a lot. Gates is a good prospect on the block too, they have some potential.

 

I did really like Gates. I think the 6'9" they list him at may be a little generous, but I can appreciate the way he plays. UC is going in the right direction, IMO, it would be good for them to have a pretty good team again.

  • Author
I thought both teams really struggled to run an offense. A lot of passing around the perimeter and shooting the first shot you get. Early season stuff, big win for UC. They look like a tourny team to me.

 

I tought UC looked good against the press and man looks Vandy gave them, but really had trouble against the zone. If I was an opposing coach I'd zone them 35-40 minutes a game right now until they show they can bust it. They have a bunch of good but not great perimeter shooters so I'd force them to beat me on the perimeter. If you allow Lance, Cash, Vaughn, Dixon and Davis attack the rim it sets up the offensive rebounding you saw for most of tonight and then they are at their best.

 

You can count on Mick working on zone offense a ton once they get home from Maui and start to ramp up to Big East play. If you have a weakness, there are too many great coaches in the conference not to exploit it...

  • Author
I did really like Gates. I think the 6'9" they list him at may be a little generous, but I can appreciate the way he plays. UC is going in the right direction, IMO, it would be good for them to have a pretty good team again.

He was measured at almost 6'10" in socks at one of the Nike Camps over the summer. He's just so wide he doesn't look that tall on TV...

I tought UC looked good against the press and man looks Vandy gave them, but really had trouble against the zone. If I was an opposing coach I'd zone them 35-40 minutes a game right now until they show they can bust it. They have a bunch of good but not great perimeter shooters so I'd force them to beat me on the perimeter. If you allow Lance, Cash, Vaughn, Dixon and Davis attack the rim it sets up the offensive rebounding you saw for most of tonight and then they are at their best.

 

You can count on Mick working on zone offense a ton once they get home from Maui and start to ramp up to Big East play. If you have a weakness, there are too many great coaches in the conference not to exploit it...

 

I agree, the zone allowed Vandy to slow them down and at least stay in the game. UC was having there way before that.

He was measured at almost 6'10" in socks at one of the Nike Camps over the summer. He's just so wide he doesn't look that tall on TV...

 

:laugh: You're probably right. I think he looks like he can be a beast.

  • Author
I think he looks like he can be a beast.

 

If he plays every game with the focus and effort he showed tonight he can be one of the best big men in the country. If he ever starts showing it on an every night basis, look out...

If he plays every game with the focus and effort he showed tonight he can be one of the best big men in the country. If he ever starts showing it on an every night basis, look out...

 

I agree :thumb:

 

See, we can agree...sometimes :lol:.

  • Author
I agree :thumb:

 

See, we can agree...sometimes :lol:.

It works better when you agree with me... :D

I hate UC with a passion, but when Gates plays like that, he is nearly unstoppable. Regardless of what they do in Maui after tonight, this was a really nice win for the Bearcats against a very experienced, very talented team.

It works better when you agree with me... :D

 

Hey, when our opinions match I have no problem agreeing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.