Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs Sam Houston State Predictions

Who wins? 63 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

15-0 in the Poll, someone will vote for Sam Houston State I'm sure.:laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

I'd think Sam Houston would not be too excited about this game. UK played really sloppy last night, and were clearly not satisfied, I'd look for UK to be much more crisp and very well prepared for this game.

 

 

I disagree. I think just the opposite. Sam Houston will see how Miami was able to exploit UK, and their weaknesses, and will be licking their chops for a shot at UK Thursday night.

I disagree. I think just the opposite. Sam Houston will see how Miami was able to exploit UK, and their weaknesses, and will be licking their chops for a shot at UK Thursday night.

 

For one thing, all they have to do is play zone. KY has few people who can shoot them out of it. If these guys can shoot the 3, they've got a great chance. That's been the story of UK for the past 4 or 5 seasons now.

Uk wins by 10 and plays much better versus the zone. (Hopeful)

I bet it ends up in a tie. :rolleyes::lol:

 

For the record I have never heard of Sam Houston :idunno::idunno:

Does anyone know how good (or bad) Sam Houston State is?

I see they are also Bearkats, with a K...unless that's a typo on ESPN.

Does anyone know how good (or bad) Sam Houston State is?

 

 

They are currently 2-0, and according to Coac Cal favored to win their conference. I believe they went 18-11 last year.

I did a little research...

 

So far, all twelve players that have played for SHS are averaging 10+ minutes per game. Last year they had 8 guys who averaged 15+ minutes.

 

They returned quite a bit from a team that finished 18-11 last season. They lost 4 players, including their top two rebounders, that accounted for 19 points and 16 rebounds per game. They do return their top 4 scorers from a year ago. Additionally, the leading scorer through two games, Gilberto Clavell, did not play last year, so they've added that in addition to what they returned.

 

Last season they averaged 76 ppg and shot nearly 37% from long range.

 

The 3 point percentage is not as good through 2 games this year, but based on last season's stats, it seems like they're a team that's capable of hitting from long range at times if nothing else.

 

It looks like they've got some decent size...no huge guys, the tallest being 6'9. But, they've got 6 other players at 6'6 or above...

 

FYI

Sounds like this has the potential to be another good game...I hope so. I've got tickets. I wouldn't mind seeing another John Wall game-winner. :D

I bet it ends up in a tie. :rolleyes::lol:

 

For the record I have never heard of Sam Houston :idunno::idunno:

 

Sam Houston is a very influential person in history, particularly in Texas.

 

Houston, the city, is named after him.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Houston

He's from Tennessee originally, right?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.